PART 3

With the next sunrise, birds chirping, psithurism echoed, sushine passed through the leaves of trees reached to the room, the masculine man lying on his luxurious bed in a slumber when the ray of sunshine striked his face as his mother had instructed the servants of house to open his window's curtain sharp at 8 am. His eyes felt the heat, he rubbed his eyes in irritation and cursed the lackey who actually was a sycophant towards his mother and loved to tease him. Sameer woke up reluctantly and got ready within half an hour to go downstairs for the breakfast. He wished his mom 'morning' and looked for his beloved Nanu, who was out for gardening. Sameer's mom asked Chandan the same person who always annoyed Sameer to serve the breakfast.

"Look Sameer here are your favourite dishes, just for you!" She said and caressed his cheeks.

"Are you okay mom? Why so love today??" Sameer asked not understanding his mom's suddenly changed behavior.

"Yes...dear son I am perfectly fine! You have your paav bhaji...and you know what today I will also join you for this"

"But mom what about your high class rules?? Of not eating street foods sort of things....you suggest for Waffles with flax and almond butter and a scrambled egg right?!" He said rolling his eyes and saw his Nanu coming from other side towards him which took over his anger and a smile spreadover his cheeks. He went and hugged him tightly, as the only person he loved a lot in the world was his Nanu. He always respected him and obliged to all his commands. "Good morning my son!" He said having the same vim he use to have whole day. "Again fighting with mumma?! Not fair ha" he added twisting his ears a little bit. "No Nanu I was just thinking why....." Sameer's voice went soft and he sensed a seriousness in his Nanu's eyes. "What happened Nanu, is everything okay, you had your medicines right???" Sameer said panicking. "Your Nanu is sweet 16 my son, don't you dare to make me feel old." He shrugged.

"Come here sit!" Nanaji commanded Sameer and he obliged. "Today I need to talk to you on a very serious topic, okay my child" Vishakha too got settled on the chair hoping for a good outcome of the conversation that had just started. "Yes Nanu tell it all at once please" Sameer was unable to figure out anything.

"Look Sameer I know your mom always keeps on forcing you to get married and till date she might have showed you hundreds of pictures of those silly girls.." listening to which Sameer rolled his eyes still able to experience the annoyance when he listens her mother ranting to marry someone almost everyday. "But I never forced it on you because they didn't impressed me too, see yesterday I went to a university as chief guest, and saw a beautiful girl, giving a wonderful speech, I don't know why but I got a glimpse of your Nani looking at her " Nanaji slowly got indulged into his late wife's memories and continued, Sameer listened him with all his focus. "She was totally different, different of all the girls I see nowadays, looking to which I decided to marry her with my Sameer!" He smiled and Sameer was taken aback. He was unable to utter anything due to the thunderclap he experienced a few seconds ago. "Sameer I'm sorry beta but I was so excited to make her my family member that without wasting any time, I just went to director's office, took her address and went to her home the same moment!" Sameer listened to the sequence of incidents that took when he was busy in his office quarreling with workers. "I gave them the idea to tie a knot with my Sameer and handed them with your photograph and you know what? They liked you a lot they were sooo impressed that they agreed to everything at one instance!" his eyes glittered saying everything.

Sameer smiled looking at his Nanu smiling and enthusiastic to the fullest. "Nanu don't be sorry, it's ok!" He replied. "Sameer will you please marry that girl, see my son this time too I will not force it upon you to marry her but just think about me before taking any decision, I had given my words to them please think twice before taking your decision, this is her photograph please see it once and then give your decision!" He handed him the picture and headed back to his room, Vishakha too looked at him, caressed his cheeks and went. Sameer was left with the photograph and the shock he had been awarded with few moments ago.

***************

"Hey Sameer come here, congratulations for your marriage dear" Munna called him from Sameer's cabin audible to all other colleagues. Sameer glared at him as everyone stared Sameer. He ran to his cabin and shut the door. "What congratulations ha what congratulations???? No one even asked me for this and how could Nanu do this to me???? Munna I am totally blowed off and instead of helping me you are just congratulating me???? Are you serious" he threw the envelope which had photograph of Naina and messed all his files on table. "Sameer but Nanu called me and said you agreed to the marriage isn't it??" Munna asked confused picking up the envelope from the floor. "Munna I had no choice, I couldn't let Nanu bow in front of someone because of me but you know I love someone else!!!!"

"Sameer!" Munna sighed and added. "You know that you are insane, you don't know her address, not her phone number and neither her name can you believe it and still you are going mad on someone you saw 7 years ago that to for a second please stop it!!!!!!" Munna shouted which made the peon to enter into the cabin and ask if everything was okay. Sameer gestured him to go back immediately and locked the door. Looking to the heat into Munna's eyes for the first time, Sameer started to calm down "okay okay fine Munna" he drank and glass of water and offered one to Munna too. "Uhhh....I think you are correct, I should forget her and move on!" Munna too was relieved to hear those words from Sameer and said "now let me go please, I had some important work, by the way! Bhabhi is very beautiful" he winked Sameer handing him back the envelope which Sameer had thrown out of anger and headed outside.

Sameer sat on his chair taking the envelope on his hand. He tried to open it, but suddenly a face come in front of his eyes. The girl's pic that made him forget all his senses, the girl he saw years ago but had her effect till then. Remembering of her, he kept back the picture and continued with his work.

***************

Reaching home late that night, Sameer kept his bag on sofa, went to his room, took out a white A1 sheet, rested it on a wooden stand. He opened the cupboard and took out acrylic paint, colour palette and few brushes of different thickness. It was Sameer's passion, he used to paint whenever he got upset or angry to keep hinself away from all his worries. He started painting, folded his shirt's sleeves, setting up his hairs.

On the other hand Naina was sleeping with Sameer's picture embraced in her hands tightly thinking of his reaction when he would've seen her photograph and worried if he disliked her face. She looked at his picture for the 10th time and blushed looking at his gleaming eyes.

**************************

Please vote and comment

And

Happy new year to all the readers!!💝☺️