5 ~ A Yellow Face

(Past Thea) -

(Past Thea) -

[Stalker Journal: Entry NO. 4]

"Come on, you idiot! We're gonna be late for Nevaeh's showcase" I said trying to drag Lucky away from the bathroom mirror. He always took ages perfect to his hair.

"Ok, ok, I'm ready" he announced, raising his arms in defeat.

"Yes!" I squealed and raced to the car, Lucky on my heels. We sped off to the venue the showcase was taking place and ran inside, after purchasing the tickets.

We instantly spotted our parents and sat beside them. My mom glared at us and slapped Lucky on the arm.

"Where were you? Nevermind you're here now" she sighed and leaned back in her seat.

I looked at the stage, where a brown-haired boy was seated in front of a piano, he brought his hand up to the piano keys and began playing a song.

Immediately I identified the song and began singing the lyrics. I leaned on my brother and grabbed his hand, squeezing it in the assurance that he was here.

His fingers elegantly moved around, pressing various keys while I got goosebumps and tears in my eyes that were threatening to drop.

As the song came to an end, I stood up and clapped along with many others. The boy also got up and bowed. When I got a better view of him despite my teary vision, I recognized him.

He was the mystery guy.

Just as realization dawned upon me, he made eye contact and we both momentarily froze. He quickly recovered and exited the stage, while I sat down.

Then entered my sister with her classmates and I smiled. Spotting us, her eyes lit up and I waved at her. The performance was amazing and they won second place, first place being mystery guy. The award was well-deserved.

By the way, if you're wondering the song was Brother by Kodaline.

(Present Thea) -

After I reach my dorm, I decide to eat some of the leftover curry and rice from last night, so I heat some up and go to my room, opening and closing the door with my elbow.

After having an inner battle with myself on what to do, I settle on calling my parents to let them know I'm still alive and like it here. Then I video-call Lucky on my laptop, it rings four times after which he finally picks up.

He's wearing his reading glasses, with his platinum hair messy and textbooks scattered all around him. "Hey Thea, I see you finally decided to call your big...what the hell are you wearing?" he screeches and my hands instantly go to cover my ears.

I look down at my clothes, which were the same as in the morning, and look back up at him, "Umm...clothes?"

He brings his hand up to his forehead and shakes his head sadly, muttering something along the lines of, "I thought I raised you better than this."