14 ~ Gifts [unedited]

Part one of three of the Christmas chapters

(Past Thea) -

[Stalker Journal: Entry NO. 13]

"I can't believe I forgot Christmas presents, again," I muttered as I sprinted to the mall. I always shop at the last minute, it was Christmas eve and I still only had one gift prepared, that too I only completed the same day.

Knowing that my parents would be happy if I just gave them a painting, I had planned on making one for their bedroom but then I proceeded to procrastinate as usual and only just finished painting it today, it was still drying at home.

Panting, I stopped to breathe for a minute then ran in. Finding a present for Neveah was luckily very easy this time. I spotted a hardback set of the Percy Jackson on sale and quickly grabbed the last set, upsetting a poor nine-year-old. Neveah was a die heart fangirl of Percy Jackson and I knew she'd love this.

Finding a gift for Lucky was hard though, I wandered around mindlessly for a while but then I found it; a guitar. He was looking for a new one for some time so this was perfect.

I bought some other gifts for my friends, then left the mall, happy with the gifts but sad that I only had about 50 bucks left since these were expensive.

Oh well, I'll just ask grandpa to add a few more bucks to my gift by bribing him with cookies and cakes.

Trying to carry all this stuff to the bus stop was no easy task but there was no way I could walk home and I didn't have my bicycle with me either so this was the only way.

"Excuse me, do you need help with that?" I heard a familiar voice call out and I groaned.

"As much as I don't want to see you, I'm in dire need of help so yes, please," I begrudgingly admitted.

"Aah, you again. I told you you shouldn't doubt fate," he smirked.

"Whatever," I huffed.

"Anyways, since I'm a decent human being unlike yourself, I'm going to help you," he said, taking a few bags from me and I poked my tongue out at him. "Where to?"

"Only to the bus stop over there, I can take it from there." I pointed.

We silently walked to the bus stop, me walking particularly close to him since I didn't want to risk him running off with the gifts.

Come on, I'm dumb but not that dumb.

"Here you go," he said and put the bags down on the bench.

"Thank you, for carrying these and for not running off with anything, as an award I will give you a gift," I thanked him and fished out a bar of chocolate from my bag, handing it to him.