17 ~ Soup For The Sick [unedited]

(Past Thea) -

(Past Thea) -

[Stalker Journal: Entry NO. 16]

"I hate hospitals," I whined, cradling my arm which had just gotten a shot.

"Tough luck, kid," Dad said and held my hand, guiding me towards the pharmacy near the exit. I slumped down on one of the plastic seats while he went to get my medicine.

It was flu season and I just had to catch it, didn't I?

There was an abrupt and loud sneeze from my right and I sighed. Taking out a clean piece of tissue paper from my bag, I handed it to the person without even glancing at them.

"Thanks." A hoarse voice sniffled, taking the tissue paper from my hand and blowing their nose with it.

"Flu?" I asked, my eyes trained on my phone.

"Yeah, you?"

"Same, it sucks."

"Thea, time to go, kiddo!" I heard my dad call out and I got up, putting my phone in my back pocket and looking at the guy next to me, who was looking at me as well.

He was barely visible since I couldn't see clearly due to my watery eyes but I could make out that he was making a weirded-out face.

There was probably snot on me.

Ignoring it, I turned around and followed my dad out of the stupid hospital.

(Present Thea) -

I groaned aloud as I woke up shivering with a major headache. I leaned forward to grab my water bottle from my nightstand but it was unfortunately empty.

Huffing, I ripped the covers off me and tried to stand up but my knees immediately buckled and I flopped back down on the bed. Chiko jumped up on the bed as well and settled down on my chest while I looked at him, smiling. Leaning forward, I picked up my phone and called Lexi.

"Hey, wassup?" I heard her voice say from the other side along with the shouting of some kids.

"Hey, where are you right now?"

"Home, did you not read my note? My brother got into an accident so I had to rush home in the middle of the night."

"Oh."

"Why does your voice sound so rough? Are you okay?"

"No, I think I'm sick, don't know what it is though, I can't even get up."

"Oh shit, do you want me to call Chance?"

"No, no, he has this important thing today regarding his family business."

"Okay, Tori and Vince haven't still returned from their trip, so Noah?"

"No, he has a date with that guy, remember? He's been excited about it for days, I can't ruin that."