22 ~ Comfort

(Past Thea) - 

(Past Thea) - 

[Stalker Journal: Entry NO. 21]

"Yeah, don't worry. I'm coming," I assured Cole on the phone as I sprinted through the streets, dodging the people around me.

"I can't believe you forgot, Ash was looking forward to you coming." I hear him and I audibly gasp.

"I didn't forget! I just slept in—"

"Tell me something new." I could picture a cheeky smile growing on Cole's face as he said this and I only huffed in response.

"Shut up," I huffed. "I'm around the corner of the school, bye babe."

"I love you, see you soon." With that, the line went down and I stuffed my phone in my pockets.

Even though it pains me to say this, as Cole had stated, I had forgotten about my promise to his little brother, Ash, to attend his school play. So I was peacefully taking a nap when I got up to pee and suddenly remembered. Thus, here I was scrambling to get to the school on time.

As I entered the gate, a person came rushing out, knocking me down as they bumped into me. I glared at the back of their head as I sat up, scowling and rubbing my head.

"You okay?" 

I looked up to see "Alex" putting out a hand towards me. I took his hand, getting up. Mumbling a short thanks as I give him a smile, I turn around and walk into the school where Cole stood waiting for me.

(Present Thea) - 

I curse aloud as I fumble through my bag searching for my keys. With a huge box of fabric in my left hand, my vision is blocked and my right hand suffers as it wanders through my apparently never-ending bag. When I finally find them, a grin immediately adorns my face, and I unlock the door.

As I walk in, Chiko instantly saunters towards me and meows at me as he hugs my feet. I close the door with my hip and put my stuff down on the counter before picking him up and nuzzling my face in his stomach, I momentarily move away to shout, "Jonah, I'm home!"

Jonah had asked me to move into his apartment about four months into the relationship and I took the offer happily, well, partly. My dorm was still empty with no one looking to move in so there were times where I'd go back for a day or two whenever I missed Lexi.

Hearing no reply, I set Chiko down, frowning, and check the studio which Jonah and I use to work on our projects. We desperately needed a room dedicated to holding our fashion supplies and my art supplies as with us living together, there are far too many to be lying here and there. Not seeing him in the studio, I enter the other room; our bedroom, where I don't find Jonah either.

As a last resort, I check the bathroom where I find Jonah hunched down on the floor near the toilet. He instantly looks up as the door creaks open and wipes his cheeks, giving me a soft smile that contrasts against his otherwise tired features like the huge bags under his eyes.