8 ~ Lasagna [unedited]

(Past Thea) -

(Past Thea) -

[Stalker Journal: Entry NO. 7]

I hiked further into the dark woods with a flashlight in hand. I could hear the chirping of grasshoppers and the hooting of owls in the background.

I regretted accepting the dare given to me by my friends; to go to the old treehouse in the woods and take an item from there as proof.

Finally spotting the treehouse ahead, I smiled and ran inside it. I quickly picked up a small tin of peanuts and exited, not wanting to stay in the woods for longer than necessary.

In my excitement of being halfway done with the dare, I ran West, not South, and only found out about it after I spotted a cabin. I started panicking seeing I was lost in the woods at night.

My fear only grew when I heard rustling behind me, I looked around and saw nothing. Just then, I heard a wolf howl in the distance and I froze in terror.

Suddenly, there was a hand on my shoulder and I judo flipped the person over me, letting out an ear-shattering scream at the same time.

The person groaned, "What the hell! Here I am trying to help you and you freaking judo flip me!"

He looked up and made eye contact.

Mystery guy.

With adrenaline and dread still rushing in my veins, I panicked and hit him hard with my flashlight. Before he could retaliate, I ran away from him.

I probably ran a mile a two and came across the treehouse again. This time I followed the correct path and actually reached home.

(Present Thea) -

Chance and I sat on the grass, at the park, staring at the blue above and reminiscing about the many times we met.

"You know it really freaks me out...how we came across one another so many times back home and now we're even at the same college," I whispered and turned to look at him, to see him already intently looking at me.

"It freaks me out too," he nodded, "but here we are, sitting together as friends when of us could potentially be a murderer or sociopath," he looked at me with a serious look and my eyes widened.

"Oh my god..." But I wasn't able to finish my sentence since Chance broke out laughing.

For the first ten seconds of his laughter, I was confused as to what happened but as soon I realized, I shoved him and he dropped to the ground, still laughing and clutching his stomach.

"You idiot, you- you asshole, you scared me. You always take advantage of my innocence" I huffed, turning to look at the other way.

Eventually, his laughter died down so I decided to look at him but one look at my face and he broke out snickering once again.