𝑆𝑛𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑑 𝐼𝑛

Braxton (5 months old) ↟︎

"Twas the night before Christmas Eve, all through the house everyone was stirring even Baby park. The stockings were hung with care in hopes that
y/n would finish wrapping the presents."

"Hey, I would if you would help me."

"Sorry Honey but I can't because Braxton would be bored with me beside him."

"Braxton can entertain himself. He a literally fascinated by anything his little self sees so please help me."

"Fine."

He sets Braxton down on his tummy time blanket before helping me finish wrapping the presents. He finishes wrapping the last presents as I give Braxton his bath before bed.

I breastfeed Braxton as Seonghwa takes his shower. My phone starts ringing. I answer the phone to hear my mother's distress voice. I become worried about why she's talking so fast.

"Mom calm down and tell me what's wrong."

"......"

"Now are you calm."

"Yes."

"Ok now tell me what's wrong."

"There's supposed to be a big snowstorm. I'm worried about you to. How are you guys going to get here?"

"Mom I won't snow until later in the afternoon. We'll be there before it hits I promise."

"Promise me if you get stuck you'll call me and tell me."

"I promise mom. I love you, Mom."

"I love you too Sweetie."

Seonghwa comes out with a towel around his waist while a confused look sits on his face. I laugh at his face before pulling Braxton of my breast. I place him on his boppy before turning back to Seonghwa.

"Who was that?"

"My mom."

"She sounded concerned."

"Yeah just about the storm that's coming."

"Wait there's a storm coming?"

"Yeah but not until tomorrow afternoon so we'll be safe and sound at my parent's house before then."

"Umm ok."

"Now come on so we can snuggle with our baby boy."

The Next Morning
The chill crisp air makes me shudder as I reach for the covers. I wake up in a hurry. Looking to my right I see my husband and my son sleeping peacefully underneath the covers. I roll my eyes at them before getting out of bed.

I make my way downstairs to make coffee. The air is really cold considering that I turned on the heat last night. I look at the Thermostat and turn on the heat which was apparently off.

Time to let the sun in I open the blinds to see something that Devastates me more. The snow is piled up to the window. I sigh and make my way to the bedroom.

Seonghwa wakes up from his sleep groaning. I pick up my phone and call my mom. Seonghwa gives me a worried look before getting out of bed.

"Mom I have devastating news."

"I know because your brother called and told me he's stuck there too."

"I'm sorry mom."

"It's ok baby. I'm just glad you and your brother are safe."

"Maybe we should've left earlier. I'm sorry mom."

"I know baby. Stop apologizing. There's always next year. So, for now, have fun with your family. I love you."

"I love you too and tell dad I love him as well."

I hang up and wrap my myself and let out a sigh. Arms wrap around my waist. I lay my head against his chest.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

"We won't make it to my mom's because of the snow."

"I'm sorry baby. We can always make Christmas here."

"But I wanted Braxton to be with all of his family."

"I know baby but we're with him right now and that's all that matters okay."

"Ok."

"How we get Braxton up and go make hot chocolate so we can watch some Christmas movies."

"Yes, please."

The rest of the day was filled with laughter, smiles, and happiness. Even if y/n didn't get to spend Christmas with her mom and dad she still got to spend Christmas with the love of her life and her bouncing baby boy. That's all that matters in the end.