Michael // Lost

Whoops, I did it agane. My buddy JenDaDragon20 wanted to help out and give you guys something to read while I struggle to keep up lmfao.  Requested by @pop_tart_lord!

*The reader is a child and ffs it's just fluff, pedophilia is not okay and its not a fucking sexuality*

      You're not exactly sure why you're even here. It was definitely odd; amorphous trees surrounded you in all directions. Your small legs would walk themselves in random directions, however you never really found anything. There were no animals, no people, no creatures at all- not even the sound of crickets filled your ears. Honestly your poor, young brain was so confused and lost. Tears were building up in your eyes, threatening to spill out. You felt like you were walking in circles infinitely.
      You kept passing by a rivers that looked so very identical. Was it the same river? No that's impossible, you kept walking straight. How could you be walking past the same river over and over? Eventually your little body tired out and you collapsed next to the river. You curled up and started crying to yourself. You had no idea where in the world you were.
     All you remember is falling asleep on your soft, comfortable bed before waking up on the cold, hard ground. You were just a small child, how could you ever end up here?

    Your whimpers and sobs echoed around you, throughout the forest. But then you froze, as your ears picked up on the faintest sound of heavy breathing. Were you being watched? You hugged yourself tighter as you looked around frantically, searching in the trees for any movement or figures.

     "H-Hello? I-Is anyone there? Ple-ase help m-me.." You choked back a sob, making your voice crack in the middle of your sentence. "I want to go home!" Tears ran down your cheeks as you buried your head in your legs that was tight to your fragile body. A tall man then appeared from the forest, slowly walking towards the child.
    He cocked his head to the side, although his face was hidden behind a white mask. You looked up, your face stained with tear streaks. You whimpered and scrambled backwards, fear spiking from the sight of the tall man.

    He had blue coveralls on, seemingly from a mechanic. Your eyes trailed down his arm, eyeing the gigantic knife held in hand. The man slowly knelt down and put the knife on the ground, before he put his hands up in the air as if saying, "I'm not going to hurt you." You sniffled, and used your sleeve to wipe your nose.

     "C-Can you help me..?" However, to add to your hopelessness, the masked person shook his head no. You cried out again, water springing to your eyes again. "Then h-how am I-I going to get h-home??" The man picked up his knife again, with the intention of no harm, but to instead start carving words into the dirt. 'You can't, we're trapped here. My name is Michael, what's yours?'
       You read the ground slowly, your brain processing the words. You knew how to read a small bit, but not much. "(Y/N), are.. are you sure we can't get out, Michael? T-There has to be so-something.." You trailed off as Michael shook his head no. He started to write in the dirt again as the sound of his knife being dragged through the dirt broke the silence. 'I can take you somewhere safe. Would you like a piggyback ride?' Your eyes widened as a smile lit up your face. "Yes please!"
      Michael smiled behind his mask, glad that you weren't as sad and scared anymore. He crouched down, as he waved his hand for you to hop on. Your tiny body slowly climbed up, before finding a comfortable enough position to sit down and be carried by Michael. You giggled, kicking your feet in the air, enjoying the time with the strange man.
      "I like you Michael!" You hugged Michael around his neck, being careful not to squeeze too tight. He chuckled, as he continued to walk through the forest. You realized that he must've been here a long time, because it felt like he knew exactly where to go without any doubts. Eventually you heard voices, and saw a clearing. There was a campfire in the middle, and about 20 people surrounding it. One with a beanie spotted us and pointed.

     "Why the hell is Michael here?" Another that seemed like he was about to fight anyone and everyone spoke up as well,

      "Yeah, why the fuck are you 'ere? You know we can't pass the border, ya dumbass." You recoiled as you heard the two cursing at Michael. Michael scoffed, and slowly put you down gently. A girl with glasses gasped, as her hand flew to her mouth to cover it.
      "A child? Why did the Entity bring a child?" She slowly stepped towards you, trying not to scare you. "Hey, it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you. My name is Claudette. The others at the campfire are my friends. Come with us, we can keep you safe." Claudette held her hand out to you, waiting for you to come out. Slowly, you stepped out and towards Claudette. Your eyes glanced to the side, looking towards the other people.
      Specifically the one in the beanie and the fighter. You looked behind you, seeing that Michael was still there. His body seemed a bit slumped, as if he was upset. The survivors' eyes widened as they saw you dart back to Michael's side, clinging to his leg.
    "I like Michael!" You declared, your face turning into a pout. Claudette looked a bit hurt and worried, but sighed.
     "Michael, take good care of them, okay? If not, we will throw all the pallets on your head." She seethed, her eyes glaring daggers at him as she said the last part. Michael gave them a thumbs up, before taking your hand carefully and leading you back into the forest, towards the opposite direction. You reached yet another clearing, but this time with much more intimidating people and a creature?
      You didn't mind though, because they all seemed to welcome Michael back, instead of those other people back at the fire who didn't react as kindly. Soon they realized that you were there, a child standing next to Michael. A woman with a bunny mask stepped forward, humming a lullaby to you, making you feel oddly sleepy and safe. She slowly pat your head, ruffling your hair.

     Michael picked you up in his arms, while the bunny lady continued to hum, making you more sleepy as time passed. "Thank you Michael.." Your tired eyes closed, as you drifted off to sleep, feeling cozy and snug in his arms.