CHAPTER 4: The New Tennant

HARLEY

Shit my head is hurting badly in the back. What the hell was that all about anyway?!

I groaned in pain as I started to get up off the floor and try to see why Leanna did that.

The next thing I hear is my cousin Savannah's voice talking to somebody outside and then I hear Tank laughing.

When I walked out of the camper, I saw there were three people standing several feet from here. Two of them I recognized but the third one I wasn't too sure of.

I started walking up towards them in hopes that somebody was able to tell me in what the hell just happened.

"Damn bro, you alright?" Tank asks while trying to hold in his laughter.

"No I'm not." I winced in pain and scowled at the bitch who hit me.

"I-I'm sorry I hit you. I thought you were an intruder." The girl says.

"Well I'm not. If anybody was intruding, it was you. What the hell were you doing in MY trailer?" I ask her.

"I'm staying in there." She says while still avoiding any eye contact with me.

"Yeah uh, we weren't expecting you until tomorrow and were going to tell you." Savannah began.

"Well I think now is the perfect time to explain." I asked.

"Alright. But let's head inside. It's fucking cold as hell out here and you need to put some ice on the back of your head." She suggests.

We all begin heading into the diner and take a seat in one of the booths there. Savannah hands me a bag of ice and I start to put it against the back of my head.

"So?" I begin.

"Well, on my way back home, I met this awesome girl right here, who has a name, Aleena and since I thought she seemed cool and had no job or no place to stay, mom and I decided to help her out. But you can always stay in the other trailer. Mom doesn't sleep in there anymore. Instead she sleeps upstairs in the spare bedroom here." She smiles big at me.

I look back and forth between her and this Aleena chick and can tell I'm not going to like this.

"Fine! She can have the trailer. But there are a few things I'd like to get out of there first." I tell Savannah.

"I don't mind staying in the other trailer if that one is yours." Aleena offers.

I look at her surprised. Wow, she ain't gonna fight me on this? That's a first for a girl not to try and go all crazy on me over something so little. She must be a pushover.

"Don't do that because he's acting like a baby." Savannah rolls her eyes at me then looks at Aleena.

"I don't mind." Aleena insists.

I think about it for a moment and notice that Tank is also looking at me with a smirk.

"No, I'll take the other one. You probably have everything already settled in. I just have a couple of things in there that I'll get out tonight." I reply.

I'm too tired to argue over this situation right now and is really less of a hassle if I just take the other trailer. But I'm curious to know more about this girl. I need to make sure we can trust her.

I have this thing where I suspect everybody socializing with the enemies we have made throughout the years and she is no exception to that.

She better not be trying to trick or hide anything from us because I WILL find out if she is and if it comes to that, she will be sorry.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)