CHAPTER 13: A Kind Gesture

ALEENA

I swear! I need to stop butting into others conversations. Although it was uncalled for what he said, in a way, he told me what I had feared because ever since I got here I had the feeling they had taken pity on me and that's why I got the job and everything. It's kind of obvious really. 

Just hearing someone else say, especially him and the way Harley said it made me feel terrible because of course he was right.

I swear, I need to take a bath and soak in the tub a little bit. So I start warming up the bath and put some bubbles in it that I had gotten from convenient store the other day, lit a few candles, turned off the lights and played some music on my phone and put earbuds into my ears then got into the nice warm relaxing water, turned off the faucet then laid back and closed my eyes.

I love these with candles being the only light and my favorite kind of relaxing music playing in my ears. Helps me drown out the world and forget about all the bad that has ever happened thus far.

I lose track of time whenever I do relaxing like this and this time was no exception. After staying in for a little over an hour and realizing that the water was getting lukewarm, close to cold, I unplugged the bath and quickly wrapped the towel around myself and kept my hair up in a clip then turned off my music and as soon as I had opened up the curtains that separate the bathroom from the rest of the trailer, I was startled and almost dropped my phone when I saw Harley sitting on the edge of my bed.

"What the hell are you doing in here?! Haven't you ever heard of knocking?!" I shouted at him while clinging to my towel making sure it stayed wrapped around me.

"I did knock. I knocked for the last couple of minutes and I heard a little noise and since you weren't answering, I thought I would check to see if you were alright." He smirks.

"Well CLEARLY I'm fine! So you could have left and in fact, you CAN leave right now." I tell him.

"Relax, I didn't see anything." He holds up his hands in surrender.

"I don't care." I snap back at him.

He next lets out a little sigh and holds the bridge of his nose before he looks back up at me.

"Look, I honestly came here to apologize for what I said back there. I was an asshole who should have not said that to you." He tells me.

At first I'm wary about rather or not he's telling the truth but I get the feeling he is although he isn't necessarily entirely off the hook or forgiven for the way he has been treating and talking to me since we first met.
I stopped taking shit like that from the club, which was one of the reasons as to why I left and I sure as hell wasn't going to take it from him.

At the same time though, I too should have not said anything neither.

"Yeah well, I shouldn't have gotten into your guys' business." I tell him.

We both stand there for a couple of minutes not saying anything and sharing an awkward moment before he starts to leave after telling me 'goodnight'.

Before opening the door though, he turns around one more time to look at me.

"It's supposed to be freezing tonight. In the low forties and I know the heater can be trouble most of the time. I can fix that tomorrow for you but in the meantime, I also left a portable heater in the little closet by the bed." He tells me.

I stand there not saying anything because I am surprised he told me something as nice as that after what had just happened. Then again, I appreciated it.

"Thanks." I finally say.

He just nods his head as I wish him a 'goodnight' as well then closes the door behind him and I next lock it.

Tonight was weird by far but at the same time, made me think that maybe him and I can start all over again and start anew with each other tomorrow.

Who knows. All I know right now is that I am beyond exhausted and hurry to get into my warm PJ's then grab the portable heater and plug it in before I curl up in bed with the three blankets I have to keep me warm and before closing my eyes, I can't help but think about the kind gesture and the smell of his cologne that lingers in here now since he left.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)