CHAPTER 24: I Feel Worse Now

HARLEY

I can't believe she never told me that about who her father was and that her stepfather was Kemp. The one guy I was hoping I never would have had to worry so much about him coming and taking her away to get to me because he wouldn't even think of coming onto our property.

Now that we have his stepdaughter and that I'm fucking dating her, this is gonna end very badly.

Why am I even heading into town to drink away my anger or this painful feeling of whatever it is I'm feeling? This isn't even her fault for fuck sake! How could I have just left her?

I didn't even think twice after asking myself that. I needed to head back and talk to her since I'm sure she is probably feeling hurt still and I don't blame her when I just practically left. So I quickly make a U TURN and begin heading back.

Once I pulled up, I heard Savannah and Aleena raising their voices at each other from inside the Diner and Tank seemed to be trying to get them to stop. So I immediately began sprinting towards inside where everybody had then stopped and looked at me.

Aleena instantly looked away from me and wiped away a couple of tears.

"This is all your damn fault!" Savannah exclaims while scowling at me.

"What is?" I asked playing dumb.

"You know damn well what I'm talking about! Did you SERIOUSLY just up and leave Aleena while assuming that she purposefully didn't tell you that Kemp was her stepdad and your fucking boss?!" She says upset.

Now I was pissed off because here I came back to apologize and Aleena told her my business.

"And don't you dare even glare at Aleena. Tank told us." She states.

"What? What do you mean 'us'?" I asked.

My aunt Sallie then came walking out of the kitchen with a bottle of liquor and several glasses.

"Everyone sit down." She says.

Aunt Sal..." I started but she stopped me.

"I said sit down." She said more assertively.

We all refuse at first but then a moment later, we are sitting down at the same table together.

"Mom..." Savannah began but she too was cut off.

"Now you all listen to me, ESPECIALLY you." She tells us and looks at me at the end. 

She next pours herself some whiskey then takes a drink before continuing.

"None of us are perfect. Especially the ones at this table. We all were dealt cards we never wanted but played them anyways, including this sweet girl here." She says while looking at Aleena who still has tears in her eyes and is fighting back fresh ones.

"Now sweetie, why don't you go out to get some air for a minute with Tank while I talk with these kids here." She tells Aleena.

Aleena doesn't hesitate in getting up and leaving while Tank goes after her.

"Aunt Sallie, I know what you're going to say." I started but she stopped me.

"Please, you don't have any idea in what I'm about to say." She holds up her hand and then lets out a breath before continuing.

"I want to apologize first of all to you, Harley. I am sorry that you ever had felt you needed to take the burden of your Uncle's debt. Which by the way he never wanted and neither do I. I have a way of paying him back and plan to do so. Because he never should have told you our business. And for that I will deal with him. But as for this innocent child here, she was dealt a hand that nobody should ever be dealt. Kemp is her stepfather and god only knows what he has done to her or the hell he has put her through. Let alone her mom giving two shits for her own daughter. Then to have the only family she ever knew betray her and her father after his death and follow Kemp as the President of the club, well, what do you expect? Clearly she has run away for a reason. Not to mention that it's not only the club that her father gave her. There's a reason in why he is after her. Her father left her a huge fortune. A fortune that he made me promise to give to her when she no longer had to worry about Kemp." She finishes. 

"So what are we going to do?" Savannah asks. 

"We're going to help her. But first, YOU need to go outside and talk to her. She's the best thing that has happened to you and that will ever happen to you." She tells me. 

She's right. I've been an asshole to Aleena for no reason and just hearing about what she's going through makes me feel even worse. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)