CHAPTER 21: Someone Else Knows Too

ALEENA

Well this morning started off real good, then quickly became a little bit awkward but then great again as Harley made us all some breakfast.

Afterwards, Harley told me that Savannah had threatened him if he ever hurt me. Which I of course thought that was sweet of her but also really funny that I couldn't help myself and just laughed about it.

Savannah went upstairs to her room for a while and ordered for some supplies to be delivered to the diner soon after both Tank and Harley left to do their business. I told Savannah I would be right back and went to take a shower and get ready for the rest of the day when I notice Aunt Sallie pulled up and as soon as I looked and smiled at her, the look she gave me was a mixture it seemed of both sympathy, hurt, maybe a little anger but mostly sad.

After she gets out from the car and starts walking up to me, I felt myself get worried as I got the feeling she was about to give me some bad news. About what, I'm not sure but I felt I had to hurry and brace myself for whatever sad or bad thing she was about to tell me.

"Can we talk?" She asks.

"Of course." I replied.

We started walking back towards the trailer and once inside, she asked I locked the door then take a seat across from her at the tiny square shaped table that had only two chairs.

"There is something I need to speak with you about and I will need your honesty." She says.

"Okay?" I replied scared and a little confused.

"I know whose daughter you are. I have known for ever since the first time I saw you. You look so much like your father." She began to smile.

I swallowed the big sore lump that seemed to have formed in my throat.

"Y-you knew my father?" I asked.

"Yes. He was my husband's best friend and helped us out a lot." She began to say. "You have his eyes and smile." She tells me with admiration.

I can't believe she knew my father. I suddenly started tearing up.

"I get that a lot." I tell her.

"I also know about the new President of the club, your stepfather." She states.

"Oh god." Was all I could say under my breath. I was surprised and yet started to feel a little bit worried.

"It's alright. You did a brave thing leaving. Your father would have been proud." She tries telling me.

I shake my head in disagreement as I wipe a couple of tears from my eyes.

"No he wouldn't. I ran away from the only family I ever knew. After my mother died I just couldn't take it anymore. I had enough. Ever since my father died, the ones I used to call my family had suddenly turned against me." I stop myself as I begin having flashbacks go through my head of all the abuse I have been enduring since my father passed.

"I knew your father for many years. We have been best friends as well as both him and my husband. I didn't bring this up to cause you pain or worry. I just wanted you to know that I know who you are and that you're safe here." She tells me.

"What if one of them or all of them come here for me?" I ask.

"We'll worry about that when we cross that bridge. IF we cross that bridge." She smiles at me.

She sits up and I start to feel less worried but still a little worried and even though she tells me that she won't tell anyone, her or Tank, I still think that I should tell Savannah and Harley because my gut tells me it will be good just to be up front about it.

Especially after that close encounter the day we went shopping for Harley's birthday.

"I appreciate it but..." I started but she stopped me.

"No but's. You are like family and besides, you are good for Harley." She winks at me while standing up.

"What? We aren't..." I began telling her but she stopped me.

"It's not my business. Just, please don't worry so much. I only told you all that because I wanted you to know you can come to me for anything." She smiles at me and then starts walking outside.

Well that was weird and a bit uncomfortable. Yet at the same time I can't help but feel like she has made me feel a little bit at ease in a way.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)