Dreams

(Three days later)

Rey held the macrobinoculars close to her eyes. The talented device helped her see up to several kilometres away. Though all she saw was endless sand and rocks. She stumbled over the soft, uneven sand towards her hoverbike. The macrobinoculars hung at her side on a leather strap as well as he lightsaber attached to her belt.

She was a good trip away from the Rebel base so if she left now she should be back by midday. She revved the engine loudly but then stopped.

Her gut turned as she felt a strange, yet somehow familiar pull in the opposite direction. She looked over her shoulder and saw in the distance another tall piece of rock sticking out of the dry ground.

With a sigh she gave into the pull and turned her vehicle around speeding towards it while pulling on a pair of dark glassed goggles to stop the sand from getting in her eyes. Her head was wrapped in a old worn out cloth much like what she wore back in Jakku.

When she made it to the *tor the pull was stronger. She'd only felt this sort of feeling once before but it was impossible to feel now. Right?

Getting off her hoverbike she climbed up at the mass of rock. She winced as she cut her hand on a sharp stone. Rey was luckily able to find a sort of pathway leading around to a sort of small cave.

Felling her way through the darkness she heard her own breath echo off the walls. A dripping sound could also be heard and in the centre of the cave, shown by a small spread of light from a crack in the ceiling, was a gentle pool of water. The water looked dusty and it was unclear how the water hadn't evaporated in the heat and where the dripping noise came from.

Her hand flicked to her lightsaber on her belt. "Who's there?" There was silence, "I know you're there... I could sense you when I walked in."

More silence.

This time she unbuckled her weapon and with a whoosh a bright whitish-yellow light came out of the hilt. It lit up the room and Rey could've sworn she saw a shadow but couldn't make out who... or what it belonged to.

"Rey." She tensed at first wondering how this person knew her name. Then she recognised the voice. A figure stepped forward into the glow of her lightsaber. She nearly dropped it in shock as she made a silent gasp.

"Ben..." her voice cracked and she clutched the lightsaber harder so her knuckles turned white. "No you can't... I saw you die..." She couldn't find the right words to say. He silently walked a few steps towards her, he was still dressed in the clothes from the day they together fought and defeated Emperor Palpatine.

He had a small cut on his right shoulder and his hair was dusty and messy. He seemed uneven on his feet. The two looked at each other in silence, only their breathing could be heard. Finally, Rey dropped her lightsaber and ran towards him she hugged him.

She tried not to put much weight on him as she sense he was tired and sore. "How did you get here?" She asked looking at his dark, nearly black, eyes.

"I don't know." He panted sitting down on the stone floor. "I just remember being with you and like it was a dream I just... woke up here." He traced his finger around her jawline absent mindfully. Then their lips met...

*tor = a weathered shaped rock-like hill or mountain