Next Chapter

The double-bladed lightsaber hummed to life in the Jedi's hand

The double-bladed lightsaber hummed to life in the Jedi's hand. She glanced, memorized, at the bright purple blades, their color matching that of her lightning display on Tifym only a few weeks ago. The young seventeen-year-old Jedi stood at the edge of a grassy cliff. In the horizon was nothing but vast ocean, but down below was a small base. Even from afar she could see the small outline of trainers running around, preparing for their students arrival.

Her head turned as her brother walked up towards her, his boots shuffling in the grass. He looked different, happier. So much had changed, and they were no longer the helpless twins from Nal Hutta.

"Hey." He greeted.

"Hey." She replied, before looking back at the base. "So, here we are. Flight school."

"I can't believe I got in." He sighed.

"What are you talking about?" The violet blades disappeared and she attached the lightsaber-hilt to her belt. Her long white cloak flaying behind her in the wind. "You're a Solo. Flying is in our blood. Of course you got in."

"It's either that or because one of the teachers is General Poe."

"Whatever the reason is I'm sure you're going to do great anyway. Soon-to-be General Solo." She nudged him with her shoulder and he gave a small laugh.

"I doubt that'll be happening anytime soon."

"Well we have our whole lives." For a moment all that could be heard was the wind, sea and birds flying along the shore down below.

"So, Master Solo," He gave a small bow and Quin giggled. "What do you plan on doing now?"

She closed her eyes taking in the sun and thinking before opening them. "I think I'll get an apprentice. You know? Start rebuilding the Jedi population."

"I think that's a great idea. Where are you going to look?" She shrugged in response.

"Don't know. But I think my gizzard's telling me to head somewhere sunny, with good food." The twins exchange a joyful laugh.

"Well, then. I'm sure you'll find somewhere that fits the description." He put his arm around her shoulder. She was still about his shoulder height but he didn't care. Out of everything that had happened this was one of the few things that'd remained the same. "Take the Falcon."

"What?" Quin looked up at her brother.

"Take it. It's yours."

"Technically it's ours."

"Yeah but I'm not gonna be using it for a while. Take it." He encouraged as they both looked at the disk shaped ship that had been their grandfather's greatest possession. "Grandfather would want you to have it."

She didn't reply but hugged her brother. "I'm gonna miss you." She said as realization hit her like an arrow to the heart. This could be the last she would see her twin for a long time. The two embraced each other warmly. "I love you." He whispered gently.

Only when they broke apart did Quin respond. "I love you too, you son of a moof-milker." She replied and watched as her brother stood a little taller and prouder.

"Son of a Jedi." He corrected and with a small nod Quin ran towards their family's ship while hearing Reuven call out to her. "Oh, and you might wanna find yourself a co-pilot!"

"You don't think I can handle it?" She gave a joking face of hurt and watched his eyes brighten. The hatch opened as she ran up excitedly, her hands tracing the walls as she headed towards the cockpit. Sitting comfortably in the soft seats her hands flicked the controls and listened for the familiar sound of the engines starting.

Slowly the Falcon lifted off the ground hovering for a bit so she could get one last look at her brother who was still standing in the grass waving. She gave a small salute before blasting forward and making a quick circles around the cliff.

"Woo hoo!" She screamed before flying off into the sky and past the stars. On that day the next chapter of the Solo twin's story began.