No Second Chances

"Have you heard anything?" Poe asked the Rebel com-transmitters, all of which shook their heads in disappointment.

"Nothing sir. There's been no report from the Falcon."

"Just... keep waiting. They'll come through soon." He walked out of the cockpit and whispered. "They have to."

---

Quin sat in her chambers. The empty, unfamiliar space made her insides twist with loneliness. It used to be a foreign feeling to her. She'd always had Reuven by her side. But ever since that day Finn came with her father's lightsaber... she felt different.

Everyone hated her father, Reuven wouldn't even accept him as Ben Solo. She had no one to teach her how to use this power that had awakened inside of her. Her mother would understand. But she was gone, with no way to contact her.

But just then, in the prison cell, she'd unlocked something. Never had she commanded the force in such a way. The energy had felt electric and warm, as if there had been a missing piece of her she was just beginning to fill. Visions had been the closest she ever come to the force, never had she contacted a deceased ancestor, or moved an object, or read anyone's mind.

Her hands twitched at her sides. She wanted to do more. To use it, to test out the extent of her power. She wanted to push herself.

Looking out the window she closed her eyes. Just like in the interrogation, she could feel an energy running from her very soul and through her veins like fire. But again, like earlier she hit a wall. Only this time the wall wasn't from Koraben, it was her own wall. A wall that had been set up long ago when she was just a child and had blocked off her emotions from those around her.

No. Quin wasn't gonna let herself stop her from going forward. With all her strength she pushed past this wall. She could feel everything and it flustered her. In her mind and soul she could feel where everyone was, all the generals, cockpit drivers, Phantom guards, everyone!

All their emotions clashed with her own. Fear, anger, boredom, concentration, excitement, fatigue. It was over whelming. So instead she tried focusing on single lifeforms. She first search for her brother.

Opening her eyes she saw him standing with Harrison in a small locker room. "She won't listen." He brother groaned pacing back and forth. "Why won't she just accept the way things were? Things were so much more simpler back on Nal Hutta. Hell, why couldn't she just stay out of all this?"

Harrison rolled his eyes. "Enough of your maddening rants. We came here for the lightsaber, I don't give a damn about your bad breathed twin." She flicked her hand and the scene evaporated. Instead she was in total darkness. A figure sat hunched on a metal chair.

Quin could only she the outline of her in the pitch black, but she reached out a hand and stopped when it was centimeters from the figures shoulder. It looked up. Quin looked at High General Koraben in fear. Although the blood-skinned Sith didn't look directly at her, Quin knew she could sense her presence.

A long fingered hand reached out and grabbed her wrist she fought against Koraben's hard grip. It hurt. Why would it hurt? They weren't anywhere near each other.

"You..." Koraben hissed. "You were the one who stopped me from killing that worthless traitor!" There was pause and Quin tried to hold her breath. "So... you're one of his offspring aren't you? I recognize your power. Whoever you are, I want you to run. Far away. Cause if you don't I will find you and I'm not like your father. I'm not holding my hand out for you."

And with that Koraben let go or her wrist sending Quin falling backwards into the endless black. She opened her eyes to find herself sprawled on the floor of her chambers. She got up and pulled off the glove of the hand Koraben had gripped. She'd worn the glove to hide the Jedi tattoo but now there were red finger prints circling her wrist.

---

"I also came here for Kylo." Reuven growled.

"Remind me why?" Harrison grumbled thinking to himself.

"Because if I don't my sister will."

"Well it seems you're a little too late for that." They both jumped as a Phantom Guard stalking into the locker room in a relaxed manner.

"Oh hey guys. It's me, Ace. Remember, from back in the General meeting?" The Phantom Guard chuckled and Reuven glanced at Harrison. "Um... you guys do know that your not allowed to take your helmets off. And... aren't you guys supposed to be patrolling?"

Reuven never got the chance to reply as Harrison ran forward and smashed the Phantom guard's head into one of the lockers. His eyes widened watching the guard crumble to the ground. "W-What did you do that for?"

Harrison spat on Ace's armor. "He suspected too much and besides we've got all we need. They obviously don't have the lightsaber. Which gives us a little time."

"But what about Q-"

"The hell with your sister. Somethings are more important than blood, ever heard that saying?"

"I'm not leaving her!" Reuven got up. He was tall but not taller than Harrison. "You don't really have much of a choice."

Suddenly, the door opened and the two froze...

---

"I want the entire ship on lock down!" Koraben yelled at a commander who gave her a grim look.

"Why should we? You are no longer in charge of this fleet." A cockpit driver tensed behind the commander and everyone in the room was watching in horror. Koraben's face flush redder as she detached her lightsaber which coiled in its whip-lick form and sliced into the well dressed man. "Anyone else want to share their opinion?" She spun around.

No one replied. Her lightsaber retracted back into the handle. Quin stood staring from the hallway entrance. It took all of her concentration to stop her legs from trembling. She cleared her throught. "Is everything alright High General?"

Koraben hadn't noticed her there and she spun around her fists still clenched. "I want this ship on lock down!" She ordered before leaving the room, with Quin right behind her.

"I knew it! I told you it couldn't have been the traitor who counteracted my execution." 

"Then who was it?"

"One of his offspring. They're on the ship." They entered the landing deck where all their space craft, including the ship Quin had stolen, was waiting to be used. She held back a sigh of relief. Her father's old lightsaber was on that ship, the very lightsaber the Phantom were tracking down. A familiar yellow skinned High General stood in their way.

"Jern. I demand you lock down the ship! We have a stowaway on board."

"You are in no position to make such an order. Besides, I've already located the stowaways." Quin's heart hammered in her chest but Jern wasn't looking at her. He was motioning to two slumped men in Phantom Guard uniforms. Both of them had handcuffs around their wrists.

"Reuven." She felt her lips move as she whispered the words so softly she couldn't even hear herself saying them. Koraben straightened. "Resistance am I right?" She asked them but neither of them met her eyes.

Only a few times had Quin noticed how similar he and their father looked. They had the same hair only Reuven's was cut shorter and there facial features were similar. "This one." Koraben pointed at the black haired boy. Jern grabbed his blaster and pointed it at Harrison's forehead before firing.

The action was so quick Quin barely had time to respond. Reuven was picked up and taken away by Phantom guards. She knew he was purposely not meeting her eyes but she wanted him to. She wanted him to see that she was going to get him out of here, that she was here for him.

Jern watched Quin, his eyes skeptical. "I want him in the same cell as his father." Koraben marched away. Quin felt tears beginning around her eyes and she looked down at Harrison's body. His still face was not one of surprise, but of guilt. Guilt that he hadn't fulfilled his mission. It was too much for her. She speed-walked into the closest room, Jern's eyes watching her all the way.