We'll Raise Them Together

Reuven walked into the Millennium Falcon. He'd offered to take a quick look to see if everything was in order. The comlink had been damaged meaning it took ages for them to receive messages from the Rebels. Now that they knew the plans of the Phantom, they would soon be heading to the next Rebel Base.

But Aline was determined to stay longer, saying there was still more for her to teach Quin.

Honestly, Reuven had no idea how he felt about her training. He'd thought about asking for training himself but he worried if Aline might think he was asking for Jedi training, not just normal defense. In the end he left it.

The black haired boy fiddled with the white device. "You trying to fix it?" Reuven nearly jumped out of his skin and turned around to see Ben- Kylo Ren standing behind him. He still refused to believe he was reformed. "Yeah. Shouldn't you be locked in your room?" He turned back to the comlink.

"I practically grew up on this ship." The man put his hand on the wall, going silent as if remembering memories from long ago. "I know this ship like the back of my hand."

The awkward silence continued. "You seemed to have captured my sister's interest." He finally faced him.

"What do you mean by that?" The way he said it made him uncomfortable. It was like he was trying to connect with him. He barely knew the guy.

"Well, she claims to have had a vision of you. Says that she should've known you sooner for some reason." He shrugged.

"She visited me earlier." Ben pushed back his hair.

"She did?"

"Yeah, she asked where Finn had put my- the lightsaber. Said Finn needed it."

"But Finn never asked for the lightsaber?"

Quin breathed in and out. The spiritual training with Aline yesterday hadn't gone so well. And she couldn't understand why. She'd tapped into the spiritual side of the force before, when she had held the lightsaber.

Sitting back on the cliff edge she had been sitting there, eyes closed for what felt like forever. Now her eyes wandered to the lightsaber. She picked up the black device. Maybe it would help.

Crossing her legs she held it with both hands tightly. But as she began to relax her hand loosened slightly and her heartbeat was all she could here. In her mind she saw a black room in it was a man all dressed in black and mask covering his face. Kylo Ren.

The lightsaber was in his hand and as he swung around the mask seemed to disappear into dust showing his face. Ben was fighting, in the rain.

No not the rain. Waves of water. "Rey!" The force Ben Solo shouted at his attacker. "Mum..." She heard her voice echo.

The scene faded and she was in some sort of rock room. On the floor were two people. She recognized both their faces. Her mother was lying on the ground naked. The only thing covering her was a blanket. Next to her, also naked, was Ben!

They were hugging. Her mother's head rested on Ben's bare chest. "What are we going to do?" Rey whispered to him calmly.

"We're going to wait it out. When the time comes we'll run away, together." Ben spoke softly, playing with a strand of her hair.

"But Finn, Poe. I can't just leave them."

"We can tell them. They'll understand." Ben reassured. Quin watched, she had had no idea that her mother and Ben had once been in love. Finn had never told her. "We'll raise our children together. Teach them the ways of the Jedi." Rey smiled at the thought of it.

Quin stomach did a flip but she hardly had time to relax as the memory faded and she was in the middle of a sandstorm. Ben was holding her mother. Finn was standing by a blaster in hand, his face murderous. But then Finn bent down and picked something up. Two babies.

It was her and her brother. She didn't know how she knew but she did. "No." Ben tried to get up, to stop him but Finn fired at his leg causing him to crumble.

Suddenly everything went black and color soon came back. A black pedestal was in front of her. On it was a small silver machine. Kylo's lightsaber was on it. Around the pedestal were stone walls and light shone down from a hole in the roof. The walls were decorated with what seemed to be brightly colored gems, sticking out like spikes. 

The machine came to life and a red streak shot up into the sky and a figure began to form from the light. He fell onto the ground unconscious. She gasped when she saw the man's face.

"No!" Quin opened her eyes falling out of the trance. She felt hot and sweaty. Her heart was racing and her breath was quick. Ben Solo. Was her father. That's why she felt as if she should know him. Why she has visions whenever she touches the lightsaber.

"Quin!" Reuven had been trying to track down his sister, both Finn and Aline were behind him as he rushed to his sibling who was lying on the ground. "Quin are you alright?"

"You didn't tell us..." she mumbled looking out into the distance.

"What?" Reuven looked at her confused and watched as her eyes moved to Finn. 

"Why didn't you tell us?"