Father and Son

The private dining hall had always been off limits to anyone below High General status, but honored was the last thing Quin felt. The long table was covered with a spread of food but she wasn't hungry.

"I'm sorry that happened. Jern is a repulsive Rancor. He prey's on all the pretty women on board." Koraben walked in her face was still expertly painting in strange white markings as usual and Quin glanced at the cup of warm watery-brown liquid she'd handed her. "But maybe take it as a compliment. I mean he only tried to hit on you because he thinks you're pretty."

"What's a Rancor?"

"A Rancor? Oh, it's a huge thick skinned, drooling reptilian beast. They're as disgusting as they are dumb." She gave a small grin and noticed Quin looking down at her drink. "It's tea. Nothing special but it's the only thing I can make."

"Didn't think a Sith master would care about things such as tea." Quin replied taking a small sip.

"I care about a few things." She watched as Koraben's eyes went blank as if she was remembering something.

"Like what?"

"Nothing that matters." The High General sat down. "I was impressed by your reflexes earlier." Koraben complimented, changing the subject quickly.

"You were?"

"Not many people dare kick a High General in the nuts." Koraben grinned at the thought. It was such a childish smile and there was something about it that put Quin at ease. "It took guts to stand up to him. Which is something I wish I could say about half the men on this ship."

"We women must stick together."

Koraben laughed which brought a smile to Quin's face. She'd barely ever seen her happy. So far Koraben had been nothing but a soulless Sith, but it felt like she'd begun to break through her hard outer shell. "True, true. But yes... there's something about you that grabs my attention."

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

"I'm not sure yet." She replied leaning back in her chair. 

Suddenly Quin sat up straight. "I should probably get back to work."

"Yes, sure. But Que." Koraben leaned forward and put her hand on Quin's. "If anyone gives you any trouble please tell me." Quin simply nodded leaving Koraben sitting silently in her chair.

---

"What's going on?" Poe ran forward to the comreaders.

"We're getting a com from an unknown caller." 

Poe went silent and glanced at Finn.

"That must be Reuven and Harrison." Finn answered for him. "Answer it." A shivering hologram of Quin appeared, in her hand was a handmade holo-com. "Quin? I thought you were-"

"Back where Reuven abandoned me. Yeah, I had my own plans." Poe smirked at her reply.

"Quin. This is General Poe Dameron. Where are you? And where's Reuven and Harrison?"

Quin was silent. "I'm on the Phantom Fleet. Reuven's in a sticky situation. But Harrison..."

The Rebels all got the message and some bowed their heads sadly. "We understand." Poe sighed.

 "I'm undercover and can't talk for very long." Her voice crackled slightly. "The Phantom's whole Fleet are heading to a planet called Tifym in the Mid Rim regions."

"Tifym?" General and Commander again glanced at each other. "Isn't that planet surrounded by a static storm?"

 "I've been assigned to strengthen the fleet's shields. I'm attaching a tracker to it along with a kill-code. Once I activate it the shields will permanently deactivate for all the Phantom's ships."