- Running Away -

Every time his eyes closed, all he could see was blood. The crimson liquid pooling on the cement, flowing towards him like a sickening river of death. He could feel the ghost of their grips on his biceps, holding him back from saving his dearest from the clutches of the Grim Reaper. The helpless look in his eyes, the fear and pain as colour drained from his round face. 

"I...Love yo-," His last words were cut short by a gunshot. 

Groaning, Shinigami shook his head, bringing up his right hand to try and rub the painful migraine away. Even though the incident happened almost 5 months ago, the ringing still plagued his mind when his surroundings grew quiet. His cold touch was soothing against the heat of his forehead, allowing his tense body to relax just a little. 

Sitting with his head in his hand for a little while longer, the teenager decided to finally stand up and throw away the empty coffee cup into the recycle bin. Returning to his seat he stretched his arms, eyes darting around that section of the airport. There were quite a few people sitting around in the waiting area, but since it was so late in the night no one spoke, almost everyone too tired to even move. 

'So quiet...' Turning his gaze to the gate where he would be boarding the plane out of the country, Shinigami rolled his shoulders back, receiving a satisfying pop in return. Once he saw that the plane was there, he gathered up his bags and begun to line up with everyone else. The line moved slowly, not much banter made between the airport workers and those boarding the plane since almost everyone looked as though they were about to keel over and sleep. 

Exchanging nods with the woman scanning everyone's boarding ticket Shinigami stuffed his passport into his backpack as he walked down the tunnel to the plane. Due to his above average height, Shinigami was forced to duck his head on the way inside the plane, receiving many shocked looks from the flight attendants as well as a few passengers who had already found their seats. 

'3B...oh, there...' Tossing his bag into the first-class seat the male reached down, swiftly throwing his suitcase into the upper compartments so other people could pass. However, before he sat down he noticed an elderly woman struggling to lift her own suitcase up into the compartments. There was a businessman behind her trying to get through, an annoyed expression on his face. 'Geez...he could help her...' 

"Here, let me." Gently taking the suitcase from her slightly trembling hands, Shinigami raised it up to the compartment above her seat with ease even though her bag was quite heavy. The grandma thanked the boy who bowed slightly before sitting back down. Before he sat, he shot the man behind the elder a sharp glare, one which made the older male shiver slightly as if the whole plane temperature dropped a couple of degrees. 

Once the businessman was gone, situating himself in his own seat, Shinigami leaned back, resting his eyes as everyone else boarded the plane. With the seatbelt fastened around his waist, backpack stuffed under the seat compartment, and his headphones in both ears, Shinigami began to gaze out of the window. 

His reflection stared back at him, and for a second he could see his sapphire orbs filled with sorrow. Slowly his attention refocused outside of the plane as they began to move, letting his eyelids flutter shut as the plane began to speed up before taking off. His hands gritted the seat below him until his knuckles went white. 

Shinigami hated flying, but it was his only way to escape so he had to tough it out. He hated everything at that moment. Before the incident, he used to look down on those who ran away for what they feared, but now... 

Now, Shinigami Washitakeo was the one running away from his fear.