- Mother -

Shinigami hated silent shock, especially if it came after something he had said. It was always so awkward with the other person gawking, eyes wide and jaw dropped staring at him like he was some alien or monster. It made him feel alone, isolated almost. The gym was in that current state of silent shock, every single pair of eyes on him. With a sigh, the male glanced to the side, grabbing his bag off the ground. 

"Forget it, I must have made you all uncomfortable, I'm sor-," 

"Who." Daichi cut Shinigami off, stepping forward from the others. The two stared at each other, and after a few seconds, the later dropped his bag back down onto the gym floor. 

"His name was Eddie Lee..." The tiniest of smiles appeared on his lips, but it was so sad that it affected the others who had their eyes solely on him. "He used to be the libero on my team back in America...the guy was my best friend, we were..." His breath was shaky, hands trembling at his sides. "He...was all I had..." Feeling himself start to tear up, Shinigami forced himself to keep the emotions down until he was at least alone. He tried to blink away the tears, but since he was taller than everyone else it was easy for them to see his glossy eyes. 

After a short pause, Daichi spoke up again. 

"What time? And where?" Shinigami looked at his captain, slightly shocked that he was actually agreeing. But the look on the third years face, it made his swell painfully. 

"...3pm...at the local graveyard at the end of Jin street..." The captain nodded, taking out his phone from his pocket. After unlocking it, he handed it to Shinigami, a new contact template already up. 

"Give me your number, that way we can all stay in touch." Nodding, Shinigami input his information before handing it back to his captain who then pocketed the device. "You...you're going to be alright until the funeral...right?" Nodding once more, the second year then picked up his bag. 

"It's alright if not all of you can go, I just..." Shaking his head, Shinigami let out a sigh. "Nevermind, thank you, and I'll hopefully see you this Sunday..." Turning, he left, the rest of the team turned to one another after staring at the door. 

Everyone was agreeing to the plan, not a single person not going to attend that Sunday. Even Takeda was going to go, along with Ukai and Kiyoko. Smiling lightly at his team, Daichi then turned his attention down to his phone, his thumbs quickly typing up a message. His finger hovered over the send button, but he never sent it. Deleting the message the male instructed everyone to go home and get a full night of rest. 

'Washitakeo...you...' 

- - - 

Saturday passed all too quickly for the high school student, who was dreading to get out of bed on Sunday morning. After switching off his alarm, Shinigami laid in bed for a whole hour, simply staring blankly up at the ceiling. His eyes were dry, emotionless and blank. Every nerve in his body told him to not go, but he knew he had to. 

'For Mom and Eddie...' He told himself, finally stumbling out of bed around 11. Body on autopilot, Shinigami took a shower and got dressed in a black suit he had bought from a store at the airport upon arriving in Japan. The classic suit was completely black with a white dress shirt inside, making him look like those spies in American films. He even took the time to style his hair with gel which made him look 10x more handsome.