- Crush Them -

Standing on the gym floor once more, Shinigami instantly began to develop a headache at the noise echoing through the gym. Of course, there would be people out to cheer for their schools, but some *cough cough* Date Tech was seriously pushing it. 

Rubbing his forehead, the male's eyes glanced over at the other team they would be playing in less than five minutes. They were all warming up, stretching out their limbs like they were. Many of them were glancing over at Shinigami as well since they hadn't seen the male wing spiker when they first crossed paths that morning. 

"Go Go Date Tech Date Tech here we go!" The chant was shouted over and over again, even though the game hadn't even started yet. 

Asahi and the others on the team (except for Hinata who was obviously displaying his fear for the tall team) had their eyes on Date Tech, specifically their blockers. Some, like the third years plus Tanaka and Nishinoya, looked determined and angry, ready to get the game going while others, Hinata, for example, were nervous. 

It wasn't hard for Shinigami to pick up the tension of his teammates, especially the third years who had a new kind of fire burning in their eyes. It was obvious to tell that they wanted to get the game going, which was bad since rushing into things without keeping a level head only led to failure. 

Date Tech was well known for a reason, their so-called 'Iron Wall' being one of the best defensives in all of Miyagi prefecture. Of course, Shinigami didn't care. He didn't pay mind to what his teammates had informed him about the team. After all, all he had to do was crush them like any other team. 

With a sigh, the male rolled his shoulders back before cracking his neck. The popping sounds caught the other's attention, some of them shivering at how the sound was somehow louder than the shouting echoing through the gym. 

"Let's jog a bit as well, no use in watching them." And with that he left, starting to do laps around the court in the opposite direction of Date Tech. Hinata stopped shaking before a grin spread across his face, which surprised Sugawara and the others a little. Afterall, Hinata was known for getting nervous before games, and yet like a switch he seemed alright and ready to play now. 

Smiling, Sugawara began to jog after the two who had a head start, quickly followed by the rest of the team. 'He's calm mindset is a good influence on Hinata...' Staring at the back of Shinigami's head as he jogged beside Hinata, the two of them conversing about a comic book, Sugawara wasn't aware that he had begun to smile. 

Daichi glanced over at his best friend, scrunching up his eyebrows when he saw the smile that was practically dripping with affection. Eyes following to see where he was staring, the third year suddenly felt his throat close up a little, an odd feeling beginning to bubble in his chest. Shaking it off quickly the captain cleared his mind, focusing on the battle they were about to charge headfirst into. 

One they finished jogging, it was time for some receiving drills. Standing in a line waiting for his turn, Shinigami's eyes widened a little when Nishinoya who had been standing in front of him rolled to the right while screaming: 

"ROLLING THUNDER!!" After he hopped onto his feet, he grinned back at the coach. "Again!" Snickering at how Tanaka was teasing the other second year, Shinigami was about to speak when the energetic libero beat him to it. "You guys have nothing to worry about! Focus on what is in front of you!" Those words hit the second year hard. 

"Don't worry about anything else Shini! I got your back so keep your head up!" 

Those words...long ago. He had never thought that he would hear something like it again, but now, even with the gym filled with noise. All he could hear were those words, echoing in his mind. Staring at Nishinoya with wide eyes with his jaw dropped slightly so that his mouth was open, Shinigami knew that he was getting odd looks from a few of his teammates. 

Nishinoya, feeling the stare, glancing up at Shinigami with a grin. 

"I promise, I'll always have your back!" Even though the message was to the entire team, it felt personal. Holding back the waterworks, Shinigami grinned back, feeling his face heat up a little. 

"Yeah!" 

- - - 

Standing tall beside Tanaka and Ennoshita in the lineup, Shinigami glanced from the team on the other side of the court to the stands where people were packed to watch. After the first game, many rumors had spread through the gyms about a certain wing spiker who was well known by another name those on his own team didn't know. 

The Canon Sniper. 

Fitting, and after demolishing the first team in the morning game, it proved those lingering rumors correct. People were curious as to if the well-known spiker would be able to break through the Iron Wall, and if by how much. The number of those watching in the stands was twice as much as there was in the last game. Rei, Akiri, and Hirota were there at the front as well, joined by a couple of Ukai's friends from the Local Volleyball Association. 

"Thank you for the game!" After bowing, everyone got into position. 

As soon as everyone got to where they were supposed to be, whispers and confused conversations began to fill the stands. Shinigami, who was standing beside Sugawara shuffled on his feet a little, not liking the feeling of all the eyes on him. 

The male beside him noticed his discomfort, rolling his eyes at his small shuffles. Raising his hand Sugawara karate chopped Shinigami in the sigh, successfully knocking him out of his uncomfortable state. 

"You remember what the coach said, so don't worry so much." Nodding at his upperclassman Shinigami gazed out onto the court, locking eyes with Tanaka who grinned back with a thumbs up. Nodding back the second year turned his sights to Asahi who was already staring in his direction. The two tall standing males locked gazes, staring at each other before nodding. 

Earlier, before they had moved into positions, Shinigami pulled the ace aside away from the others. He bent down, whispering in his ear. 

"Crush them." 

Those two words meant and affected Asahi more than Shinigami could have thought. The long-haired male felt the adrenaline pumping through his body, hands unclenching and clenching with anticipation, itching to get in a spike in so that he could show off to the taller male standing on the sidelines. 

'I can do this...' Asahi nodded to himself, narrowed eyes staring at the 'wall' on the other side of the court. 'As he said, you're going to crush them...' Taking in a deep breath, the ace of Karasuno raised his head, unwavering gaze locked onto his objective. 

To Crush Them.