- Reunion -

Staring at his reflection in the mirror, Shinigami cringed at the sight of the bags under his eyes, quickly ducking his head to wash his face once more. The freezing water did wonders with shocking his senses awake after the excruciating 15-hour flight. Lifting up his hoodie to dry off his face, Shinigami tossed his bag over his shoulder, giving himself one last check over in the mirror before grabbing his suitcase and heading out of the washroom. 

The airport in Sendai was more lively and filled with chatter, mainly because it was the middle of the day in Japan. Yawning tiredly, Shinigami began to make his way to the baggage claim, trying his best to ignore the sideway glances and stares from all those around him. With his mix blood, his mother from Japan while his father was born and raised in the US, Shinigami had quite unique facial features. 

He looked foreign compared to those who were full Japanese, but anyone who could see straight could tell that he wasn't completely caucasian. Shinigami was blessed with his mother's gorgeous sapphire-colored eyes and a flawless complexion, inheriting only his father's built bone structure and naturally silky hair. Another thing he got from his father was his height. 

6'7 in stature, 205 centimetres to be precise. 

His height came with many advantages and disadvantages, but after hitting his growth spurt at 13, he quickly grew used to it and the staring that followed. Still, constantly having that feeling that someone's eyes were on him was unnerving, making so that in public he was never relaxed. 

After claiming his two large suitcases, throwing both of them onto a trolly, Shinigami headed out to find a taxi that didn't take long with his 'birds-eye' view. Handing over the address the male sat back and turned his music back on, gazing out the window as the long drive began. 

'I've been sitting for so long...when I drop everything off I'll go for a run...' 

- - - 

'You...have to be kidding me...' Staring at the broken elevator sign with a look do dispair, Shinigami let out a strained sigh as a vein popped in his forehead out of annoyance. 'Goddammit...' Figuring that he might as well not wallow around he picked up one of his giant suitcases along with his smaller one, moving those up one flight of stairs before going back down to the lobby to get his other case. 

He kept on repeating this process until finally reaching the 8th floor, panting and covered in a sheen of sweat. Fumbling with the keys as his slightly red and sore hands shook, the male had to use his body to push against the door for it to open all the way. A cloud of dust instantly shot out at him causing him to start coughing, waving his other hand to try and get rid of the dust clouds. 

'I thought auntie was cleaning this place??...' Hauling all the suitcases inside Shinigami locked the door, turning to the light switch. He flicked it on, relieved that the lights at least were turning on without fail. 'I did pay the rent before coming just in case...' Keeping his shoes on since practically everything in the room was covered in a thick layer of dust, memories of growing up began to flood into the now 16-year-old's mind.