- The Demolisher -

It was the third day of the training camp, and nothing remotely interesting had happened. Other than the time Hinata ran off screaming without paying attention to where he was going, nothing really sparked much interest for the 6'7 second year. Practice ran smoothly with little to no mistakes which pissed of Ukai for some reason, meaning there were no balls to the faces. Those always made Shinigami cheer up a little. He didn't know why, but seeing someone get nailed in the face by a volleyball was quite amusing. 

Currently, the team was having dinner, a couple of conversations happening here and there along the table. Shinigami sat near the end beside Ennoshita who was talking to Kinoshita across the table about all the work the Ancient History teacher had assigned them for the weekend. Shoveling another spoonful of rice into his mouth, Shinigami almost choked when his phone began to ring, the music attracting everyone's attention. 

Stiffly swallowing his food Shinigami took his phone out of his pocket, his eyes widened at the number as he coughed some more. After taking a quick gulp of water that Ennoshita handed him, the male stood up from his chair in a haste and excused himself outside. 

The team watched as he picked up the call in the hallway before going back to their meals, Hinata and Kageyama causing a ruckus as always. In the hallway, Shinigami had to walk a little further away from the kitchen since he could still hear Sugawara yelling at the two first years to stop eating like their lives depended on it. 

"Sorry about that ma'am, could you repeat that?" Leaning against the wall Shinigami held the phone to his ear, his other hand nervously rubbing the side of his neck. 

"Ah yes, I'm from the Funeral Company sir, the date is set for next Sunday." Sucking in a shaky breath the student walked over to the sofas in the living room area, plopping down before his legs gave way. 

"R-Right, is there anything else?" His throat felt like it was starting to close up, mouth also as parched. 

"The charge has gone to the card number you gave. I'm calling to ask if there will be any guests there other than yourself." The woman sounded a little worried, after all, it's not every day a 16-year-old came in asking to bury someone's ashes. Especially not by himself. After waiting a few seconds she spoke up once more. "Sir, are you there?" 

"Yes yes, sorry...and no, no one will be showing up..." The woman let out a sigh before scribbling down something. 

"Alright, but if that changes you don't have to call to inform, alright?" Thanking the woman Shinigami ended the call, staring down at the phone in his hands. He felt like crying or even screaming, but nothing came out. 

He felt empty...and yet relived. Soon everything he had been working to in the last few months was going to come to an end, and he could finally rest. It was a relief knowing that his hard work had paid off in the end. 

With a sigh he stood up, heading back to the kitchen to finish dinner and help wash up as usual. As soon as he reentered the kitchen almost everyone looked up at him, watching as he sluggishly sat back down in his seat. They could all feel like someone was up with the male, but chose not to intrude on personal issues and returned to eating.