- Waking -

Word had spread like wildfire, the police issuing a warning to everyone in the surrounding area of the Sendai building to not go walking around at night, especially in any dark alleys or streets. Due to the fact that Shinigami had not awakened yet in the hospital to make a statement, nobody knew who had been the ones to jump the poor high school student. Although, many had a suspicion as to what may have gone down that night. 

The night his team couldn't help him. 

Takeda sat silently beside the hospital bed, eyes closed as his chest heaved in breath after breath. The poor teacher had never gone home, staying beside the student's side no matter what the doctors and nurses said. They had eventually given up on making him leave after finding out that Shinigami didn't have any parents to come to take care of him. 

Everything that had happened the other night had been a blur. Ukai had gone to the hospital alongside Shinigami, but the rest of them were forced to stay behind to speak with the police. The questioning didn't last long since none of them had seen or heard anything while waiting for their friend's return, so about ten minutes after the ambulances left, they were free to go as well. 

No one spoke a word as Takeda raced to the hospital in the rental bus they drove to Sendai in. Some of the club members were texting their family to let them know what was happening so that they wouldn't freak out when they were home later than expected. Takeda had suggested that he simply drop everyone home so that they can rest, but no one agreed with that, everyone collectively demanding that they go to the hospital to meet up with Ukai. 

At the hospital, it didn't take them very long to find Ukai who was seated near the surgical wing, a distraught and angered look on his face. Never before had the team seen their coach so tense and stressed out, their worry spiking when a nurse came and let them know that the surgery was about to begin. 

"S-Surgery?!" Hinata had whimpered, teary eyes gazing up at the nurse who's own face scrunched up in pity. 

"Yes...I'm afraid there is far too much internal bleeding..." There was more she had later talked to Ukai and Takeda about, but she didn't want to panic the highschoolers who already looked frazzled. After that it took a lot of negotiation to get all the kids to go home, their parent's already at the hospital to pick them up. Out of everyone, Sugawara was one of the hardest to convince to leave. The third-year had to be forcibly removed by his father and brother. The fear-stricken and tear-stained face he had given Takeda before being dragged out haunted the teacher. 

Takeda released a shaky breath, exhausted eyes opening. Slowly, his gaze shifted to Shinigami's face, already used to seeing the stitches and bandages covering his body. The doctors had done the best job with patching up every since gash and or scratch that had been inflicted upon his body, giving extra attention to the two major head wounds. 

'He won't be able to play for a long time...' Standing from the chair onto his slightly numb legs, Takeda began to exit the hospital room to go get some coffee and possibly a snack. He gently shut the door behind him, a barrier between the deadly silence of the room and the hospital ruckus. As he slumped down the halls towards the cafeteria, he began to second guess his decision that night.