- One More Moment -

P.s, highly suggest you play the music above, it really sets the mood for the chapter. 

Warning: There are offensive slurs used in the chapter, you have been warned. Also, there's some sin, as in a sex scene, so enjoy;) 

- - - 

Children were running about, regrouping with their friends who had been away over the summer while the parents chatted up a storm by the benches. Everything intimidated the tiny male who hid behind his mother's leg, clutching onto her silky dress without the intent to let go. His long shaggy brown hair hid his eyes, small frame seeming even smaller thanks to the large shorts and t-shirt he wore. 

Aiki glanced down when she felt her dress get tugged on, her smile softening at the look on the five-year old's face. She carefully squatted down before her son, taking his face into her hands. Compared to the summer heat, her cold hands felt soothing, calming the boy by the slightest. 

"No..." Shinigami whimpered, his eyes darting between his mother and the park filled with children. 

"You have to make friends Shini," Aiki giggled, brushing her son's hair back so that it showed off his handsome little face. He pouted, about to protest when he saw someone approach. It was a fairly large woman with her dirty brown hair curled in a messy yet still fashionable way. She had large hips, and on one side was balanced a boy who looked around his age. "Oh, hello." Aiki stood back up, Shinigami once more hiding behind his mother's thin legs. The other woman grinned, setting her son down on the ground. 

"Hi! You're new to the area, right?" Aiki nodded, feeling a little awkward since it was easy to tell she was a foreigner with her accent and appearance. The other woman, however, seemed friendly enough. "I'm Sarah Lee, this is my son, Eddie." Shinigami looked from the other woman down to the boy who was staring at him. 

The boy had hair that Shinigami had never seen before. It was...blue? Stepping forward from behind his mother he approached the other boy who's smile was huge, stretching across his entire face. 

"Your hair...it's cool." The other boy's smile grew even more, and in an instant, he had grabbed Shinigami's hand. 

"Mom mom! Can we go to the sandbox?!" Sarah looked to Aiki for permission, the foreign mother nodding her head at the two boys. Watching afar as her son was dragged off to play, Aiki relaxed, starting up a conversation with her new and first friend in America. 

In the sandbox, Eddie and Shini squatted down beside each other, using their hands to pat the sand into the molds, trying to make a sand castle. When Eddie failed to make a hill he pouted, crossing his arms in defeat. Noticing his downcast expression, Shinigami grabbed the mold of the sandcastle before gently grabbing Eddie's hand, using both of their strength combined to pat down the sand. 

When he flipped it over and took the mold off, the packed sand stayed. Both boys cheered, rapidly doing what they had just done over and over again until more children noticed how large the castle was getting. 

"Can we help?" A girl and her friends asked shyly, standing on the side of the sandbox. Both Shinigami and Eddie nodded together, the rest of the kids joining them around the rising castle. Sometimes parts of the castle would fall, but that only seemed to encourage them to built it even larger until finally, it was time to go come.