- In Play -

Hinata had a disappointed look on his face when he came off court, not being able to meet his upperclassman's gaze. Before the shortie could go to where the others not playing where standing, Shinigami stopped him, leaning down to whisper in his ear. After what he was told, the orange-haired male was back to his usual self, giving the taller male a bright smile and nod.

"Go wreck them up!!" Chuckling at the enthusiasm Shinigami nodded, stepping onto the court to take Hinata's spot. Which just so happened to be in the serving position. The male licked his lips, narrowed eyes filled with anticipation glazing over the other team.

"W-What's with that look?!" Yamamoto stuttered, slightly creeped out. Kuroo ignored the idiot and narrowed his gaze at the tallest male on the court, feeling his feet start to get cold. Something about number 8 made his blood pump and his body cold at the same time.

"Serve up a good one you tree!!" Sweatdropping at Nishinoya for a brief moment Shinigami shook his head, getting back into the headspace. He took in a deep breath to cool his nerves. Clutching the ball in his hands, he let his eyes close, waiting for the sound of the whistle.

TWEET!!

'There...'

Kuroo's eyes widened when the ball was tossed so high into the air that it was hard to see against the light from the ceiling. Everyone's attention was so focused on the high toss that they didn't even see Shinigami step forward two steps before leaping into the air like an eagle taking off to hunt.

BAM!

BOOM!

There were the 'gunshots' again. First the sound of the ball hitting his palm, the next being the ringing of the ball slamming into the court floor on Nekoma's side. Shinigami laned, his lips curling upward just a tad at the stunned expressions on the other team's faces. Especially the hot captain and that cute Kai guy.

Even the guys of Karasuno were a little shocked. Sure, they knew that Shinigami had an impressively strong arm, but that was straight-up insane!

"Yeahh!!" Hinata was the only one to make noise, shouting encouragement to Shinigami who nodded back at the enthusiastic first year. 

'20-17...three more and I'll tie it...one after the next..come on...' With the ball back in his hands, Shinigami kept his eyes open, focusing them on a certain part of the net. 'Since I started off with that hard hit, they're expecting another one so they moved back...' He locked eyed with the other team's setter, smirking when he saw that the smaller male was trying to read him. 'Good luck with that pudding head...'

The whistle was blown, and no one expected Shinigami to throw the ball directly up above his head. Taking a step back the male, instead of jumping, using his wrist to propel the ball right to the top of the net where he was aiming. The ball hit the top of the net and dropped over, far to close for anyone on the other side to have saved it.