- Clearing One's Mind -

Jindai High School. Known for being the black sheep in the herd. Those who went to the school were known for being assholes, their sports teams clearly representing it. Whenever they competed in district competitions with other schools, their teams would harass and bully the other teams to the point that some even dropped out last second. All of the other schools in the district never held practice matches with any of their teams, leaving them to their own devices. 

And yet, they still someone turn out to be a powerhouse school. One that could match up to Aoba Johsai even. 

Standing on his side of the court across from Sako, Shinigami gritted his teeth, hands clenching tightly to the point his knuckles grew white. He was beginning to develop tunnel vision, and the echoing shouts from those cheering for Jindai didn't help one bit. All he could imagine was beating the shit out of the smug captain, along with the others who dare to speak badly about his friends. 

Hinata noticed the second year shaking beside him. Thinking he was simply nervous, the orange-haired male shuffled a little closer so that when he grabbed the other's fist, no one around them could have seen. Instantly Shinigami's body relaxed just a little, eyes blinking rapidly as the aggressive thoughts left his mind like a forgotten dream. 

Snaping his head down to the much shorter male, Shinigami felt his heart flutter at the smile he was given. With an amused huff, he uncurled his fist and wrapped his much larger hand around Hinata's, giving it an appreciative squeeze. 

Sako's grin widened. 

"How very interesting~..." 

The whistle was blown, and the game began. Unlike in the Date Tech match, Shinigami was starting on the court this time in Tanaka's position. Beside him at the front stood Hinata, who was shaking at the fact one of Jindai's middle blockers who was almost Shinigami's height was glaring down at him. The second-year felt his nose twitch in annoyance, mentally planning to spike the ball extra hard into that blocker's face when he got the chance. 

Jindai was up to serve first, and let's just say Karasuno along with those in the stands weren't expecting the sudden jump serve. The ball was a blur as it flew over the net, slamming into the court right beside Nishinoya who didn't even have time to react. 

The first point was theirs. 

Those cheering for Jindai (which were only those from that school since everyone else hates them) screamed loudly, their voices echoing taunts throughout the gym. 

"Isn't number 4 supposed to be the libero!" 

"I know right! Look at the little guy, he looks stunned! Pfft, dumbasses." 

Nishinoya's face contorted up with frustration and anger at the comments about him. Daichi had tried to get the male to forget about it and focus, but all his ears could hear were the rude comments about him being unfit for the position. 

'Damn...I should have got that...fu-,'