Beauty of Life

Hunting for food, Emma and Yuugo killed many demons without a scratch. They decide to head home after killing their last demon. As they walk back, she trips on a branch and Yuugo catches her arm.
"Are you okay Emma??"
"Huh..? Oh haha sorry"
"You keep dazing off"
"Yeah, I know.. I'm sorry."
Yuugo tells her to be more careful and to try to not get hurt. She then makes a joke of how serious he is about her well being even though he tried to kill her and Ray once. He replys,
"I will never let you guys down! I'm the one in charge and if you die without permission, I'll kill you!"
She starts laughing and he joins her. She smiles softly as she thinks
"is this what a parent's love feels like? It's warm.. although, that could be the warmth of the sun on my back right now".

She breaths in the spring air. Her guard fully down as her and Yuugo walk through the warm forest to the base that was hidden in trees.

"Hey Yuugo", she starts. Her voice is quiet, "do you think the world looks... I don't know, 'colourful'? I don't know what I'm getting at... but, is it beautiful? Do you think?"

She ends her sentence with a suffering smile. Yuugo looks at her with concern, noticing her green eyes holding in so much pain. Tainted with so much sorrow, they look so dark.

"Where is this coming from?" He asked.
"I remember Gillian telling me something once. She said that when you love someone, or something... The world looks more beautiful. Filled with colour and life."

Yuugo looked at her, who was still looking at the ground.
He noticed he still didn't answer her and he says,
"Yeah. This world may be filled with demons, and darkness, but I gotta admit... it still looks pretty colourful. I guess I have you guys to thank for that."
She smiles.

She's lost family at Grace field, and at Goldy Pond, Chris is injured, and two of her friends died in front of her (by Andrew).

"How could she still stay so strong at her age?" He wondered.
"Emm--" he started, but was cut off by Gildas voice.
"EMMA!! You're back!! It's Chris!" Gilda shouted as she ran up to Emma, panting, telling her that Chris was severely ill.

Emma looked with horror as she rushed to Chris's side in the infirmary. His heart rate was dropping fast and his wound wasn't looking good. Anna was already working on him. Rushing and yelling filled the room. But Emma was silent as she watched the horrible scene.

She witnessed this with fearful eyes. Watching her from afar was Ray.
Emma watched as Anna was giving Chris's various medicines. The medicine she put in him was finally helping and his heart rate was back to normal after what felt like hours for Emma to watch. Anna asked Gilda and Emma to exit the room as she still had to work on the wound. Now Chris was severely sick.

Emma kept her head down and didn't even notice Ray beside her as she left. He looked at her with his normal, serious expression, but it was clear that his eyes were filled with overwhelming concerned for Emma.

Emma leaves the base with her heart filled with anxiety. She goes for a walk in the safe side of the forest. She walks in silence, in sadness. This pain she had bundled up had engulfed her again. She angered herself. She thought,
"Why are you feeling so.. so weak!?" She punched her leg.
"Don't you dare.." She said out loud. She hit her leg again, harder,
"dont cry dammit!! You can't. Your family is counting on you aren't they!?".. all of a sudden, lost in her deepest thoughts, she fell into a little cut in the road into a body of water.

She caught herself with her feet but then, standing in the little pool of water, she let herself fall into the crystal blue water. The warm-ish water cooled her back and soaked into her clothes. She stayed there for a while. Weak, sad, and hurt. She felt.. alone.