Sorry

Ray stood abruptly, clenching his cut fist. Just a few moments ago he was holding Emma's hand. Just a few moments ago he heard her voice. Just a few moments ago...

She was existent..

He glared at Yuugo as he raised his voice.

"HEY! AM I MISSING SOMETHING!? WHERE THE HELL IS SHE!?"

His loud voice brought the attention of the family. Anna, Oliver and Gillian peeked through the door.

"RAY, YUUGO?" Oliver said with surprise. "You're back?"

Yuugo yelled back at Ray, ignoring the three.

"HOW WOULD I KNOW WHERE SHE IS?"
Gillian's eyes grew wide.

"Guys..." She said. They turned to look at her.
"Where is... where is Emma?"

They looked at her, quaking.

She gulped as Anna held a hand to her mouth in shock.

Ray turned his head to look at the floor.

Gillian ran to Yuugo, the closest person to her and held his shirt tightly. She glared into his eyes.

"YOU GUYS LOST HER!?" She yelled with anger.

"HOW COULD YOU LET THIS-" she was stopped by Ray.  But he didn't say anything yet.

He punched the hard wall with his fist, making a loud sound, silencing everyone.

The mood fell heavy.

"That's enough." His eyes were enraged. They almost had a frightening glow of red.

Tears welled up in Gillian's eyes. Ray stormed out of the room and grabbed a jar of golden water.

He opened it.

"Ray where are you going!?" Yelled Anna.
"TO GET HER BACK" his voice was scary and coarse. More of the family gathered around, wondering what happened.

Yuugo came around the corner. "I'm coming too" he said.
Ray didn't reply. He didn't really care.
They dropped their blood into the water but they stayed where they were.

"Huh?" Ray said.
He looked to Yuugo for answers as to why they weren't able to go but he was also unclear.

"Is he...he's blocking us out.." Yuugo said.

He stared at the water as their blood swirled in its light glow.

Ray punched the ground hard. He did it again. And again.
"Damn it, Damn it! DAMN IT!"
He kept hitting it until the others held him back.

"Ray! Stop!" Zack yelled.
"Yeah! Hurting yourself won't help anything!" Oliver said.
"I DON'T CARE!" He said. The pain was heard in his voice.
Jemima came up to him and hugged his leg.

"Please don't cry!" She said as she cried. He just noticed how out of control he got and settled down.

"Don't worry..." Yuugo said. "Maybe he just had to talk to her alone."

A little hope has sprung into Ray's heart.

"Everyone... how long were we gone for and what's the date and time now?" He asked.

Gilda replied. "It's been 11 hours. It's almost night time.. we were preparing dinner since it's 9 o'clock now..."

"I see.." Yuugo said. "Let's all eat and go to bed for the night and hopefully, Emma comes back soon."

His eyes drifted to Ray, who was looking down at the floor on his hands and knees.

"Let's go everyone" he said again.
~~~

As they ate, Ray was silent... no, everyone was silent. He looked in the chair next to him.. the empty chair next to him.

He finished his food quickly and left the dining room. Everyone looked at him with concern.

He went to his room for the night and tried to go to sleep.
~
"Ray!"
"Ray!!!"
"HEY! Don't ignore Me!" A voice called him.

His vision was blurry as he was waking up. He blinked a few times and saw an orange figure over him, smiling.

"EMMA!?" He jumped from his position and sat upright.

She was there. She was there! Sitting there with her goofy grin on the other side of his bed. She waited for him to process what was going on until she jumped into his arms. She laughed.

He held her by her shoulders and stared at her in disbelief.

"Its really you... is it you? EMMA!? You're here!?"
He said, almost crying.

Her smiled grew brighter.

"Yeah... It's me."
She said.

"Y'know... that girl you couldn't protect."

Huh?

Her body cracked as her smile disappeared.

"Why couldn't you protect Me!? You knew I was afraid of death! I can't believe you!"
She Said, lightly hitting his chest while looking down.

She looked up at him but her eyes were red. Her sweet voice became demonic as her figure broke into pieces.

"You're worthless"
~
He jumped into a sitting position.
He opened his eyes. Closed them and opened them again. He woke up, panting and sweating.
The clock ticked away as he gasped for air.
He looked around him.
Nothing.

"A dream..."
He fell back down onto his pillow, staring at the ceiling.

He cried. His tears fell down his face.

He held his hands over his mouth because he didn't want anyone to hear him. His whimpers were silenced. His tears were endless that night. The exhaustion from only his crying put him to sleep through the rest of the night.
~~~

When he awoke, very late, he sluggishly left his room, feeling broken.

He ate less than half of his breakfast and went back to his room.

He sat alone on his bed, not thinking of anything. His mind couldn't focus.

He was blanked out.
Until...

Yuugo, Gillian and Oliver rushed through the door. He looked at them, panting and remembered he didn't lock his door.

"Ray!" Yuugo Said, sweating.
Gillian finished his sentence.
"It's Emma! She's here!"

Rays expression turned to that of shock. His eyes grew wide and before they could say anymore he ran out of his room down the stairs.
"WAIT!" Called Oliver. "She's not-!"

He couldn't reach Ray with his voice.

Ray reached the bottom of the stairs and saw the family gathered around.
He made his way to the front and saw Emma standing there. It was actually Emma.

But at the same time, it wasn't Emma.

It was like a projection.

She turned from the kids and looked at Ray.

"Ah!" She stood up from playing with the younger ones. "Ray! It's you!" She said brightly.

"Emma..." he panted. "What are you?"

She was glitching. She wasn't physical. She was like a ghost, projection... a mirage. But not human.

She looked down from his gaze still smiling.

"Sorry... Ray."