Arguement

Emma awoke the next day. She used her hand to sit upright and felt a sting travel through her arm. She looked to her hand and saw that it still hadn't healed.

"I have to bandage this properly.. or it really might get bad."
She got out of bed and got ready for the day to begin.

She decided to go to the infirmary to bandage her cut properly when she heard Ray's voice in the next hallway.

Before she was about to turn the corner and see him, she heard Anna's voice, too.

"So you didn't get to talk?" Anna asked.
"No, I didn't.. but it's fine" Ray replyed.

Emma tried to understand what they were talking about. So far, she had no clue.

"Was it because you stayed behind with me?"
"Don't worry about it, Anna. Really."
"But..."
Ray cut her off. "Everything's okay."
As he started to walk away, Anna grabbed his sleeve.
"Its not okay! You lost your chance to talk to Emma because you helped me! It's my fault.. I'm sorry.."

Emma's eyes widened.
"So that's why he didnt come? I was waiting for 30 minutes or more... I was sure he wanted to talk after. So that's why?"

Ray stopped walking as he felt the tug on his shirt. He looked back to her.
"Anna.. I'm honest. It's okay. Besides, it was MY decision to help you. I couldn't just leave you to finish everything by yourself."

Anna released his shirt, still feeling bad.
"Okay. Thanks.."
"Don't worry about it"
He rested his hand on her shoulder for reassurance.

When Emma saw his gesture, she looked away.

"They look pretty good as a couple. Am I in the way?"

She shook her head telling herself "No, No!" As she closed her eyes in denial. "He told me that... He said!!"

Her thought a were interrupted when she heard Ray's footsteps. He started walking and she quickly ran from the corner she was watching from.

She ran to the infirmary but before going in, she made sure No One was there. She then went inside.

She carefully unwrapped Ray's shirt and uncovered her purple palm.
"It's worse than I thought. No wonder it hurts so much"

The disinfectant stung but she beared with it. She grabbed a roll of bandages and wrapped her wound in silence. It was sloppy and loose until she pulled tightly on it. But she wasn't concentrating on patching it up. Her mind was blank.

She awoken from her thinking when the pain of her tight bandages suddenly stung her hand.

"This hurts"

She finished wrapping it and stared at her hand. She fumbled with her fingers silently. Everything was quiet. She felt sad.

"They're pretty close." She said.
But she closed her eyes in denial. She denied her thoughts, her imaginations and everything else, too.

She wished she didn't feel like this. She should be happy that Ray comforts people. She should be happy that he stayed to help Anna that night. She should be happy he helped her with Chris all those hours. But the more she thinks, the more useless Emma felt in comparison to Ray and Anna.

"Anna's a medic, she helps in every way she can, she's gentle..
...
And me?"

Even though Emma does so much for the family, and sacrifices so much time for them.. even though she puts in so much effort to make them happy.. She can't see it. She looked at her palm that she bandaged angrily.