Heartbreak

"Ra-"
"Emma, we should go back to our rooms"

Ray releases her hands and stands infront of her as if he wanted to hold them again. But instead, he turns and starts walking away from her.

She quickly turns her full attention to him. She stands like her body was screaming at her not to run after him.

He walked further away from the moonlit window as Ray slowly turned into a dark figure that she could barely define.

"What?" She thinks to herself. "Ray! Wait..!"
Her desperation was lingering in her already trembling voice.

He continued walking to the exit. He didn't turn to her, despite the fact he felt horrible for walking away from her voice.

Finally, her body allowed her to run up to him. She grabbed his hand and he finally stopped walking. She wanted to hug him from behind but that didn't feel right in that moment.

"Ray... Ray, I don't know why I want you to stay so desperately, but.. if you want to go, can I atleast walk upstairs with you?"

She lets go of him. She stood, waiting for a response. He turns around to face her and gave her a tired sigh.
Her eyes drifted down, under the impression that he meant "no".

But then he held out his hand the same way she had done before their dance. He didn't speak but she stared at his patient hand as he stared at her. Emma's face lit up again as she grabbed his hand.

She noticed that he avoided direct eye contact. She wanted to say something but she couldn't allow herself.

Silently, they walked to their rooms.
When he dropped her off, he still didn't make eye contact with her and his cheeks were still red. She felt pretty awkward. She walked to her bed, slightly upset but then she heard a quiet voice from behind her.

"Sleep well, Emma"

She turned to look at him and now he was finally looked back at her eyes.

"Good night, Ray!"
He smiles to himself as he shuts the door and leaves her room.
~~~
When he went to his room, he sat on his bed and held the cheek that she kissed. He looked at his hand and bit his lower lip.

"Is this... wrong? Why don't I feel happy about this..? I feel horrible."

He pictures Norman's face.
"I like her!"
The memory of Norman saying that he liked Emma was haunting Rays mind.

"Norman... I'm sorry. So, so sorry."
Ray laid down on his bed with his hand over his eyes.
"I can't... as much as I love her.."
He clenched his shirt.

"I can't."

~~~

The next morning, Emma wakes up early once again but this time, not Violet, Gillian, Gilda nor Yuugo was up yet. Usually, those 4 were the first to awaken but today, she was first. She decided to start anyway.

As she did, she started humming Isabella's lullaby to herself in the silence. A slight smile appeared on her face as she remembered last night.
However, a loud noise woke her from her daydreaming.
"HEY!"
Emma jumps as her peaceful moments to herself were broken by the obnoxious yell.

She looks over to the voice and of course, it was Yuugo.
She gives him an annoyed look and turns back to her food.
"Hmph."

"Yo, what's up with you? Are you too mature for me now?" He gives her a teasing smile.
"Huh? No! I was just too relaxed for you!"
"What? Don't tell me that you're infected with Ray-syndrome, come now Emma, didn't you used to act like that just like three years ago? You're only 16, you don't gotta be so MATURE now!!"