Make a Wish

JANUARY 12
2 more days until the Seven Walls group leaves
~~~~~

Emma awoke the next day.
She blinked a few times and suddenly jumped up,
"I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WITH RAY!"

She quickly ran out her room. But she didn't know where she was running to. It wasn't like she could take back that night.

But she ran. She went to the kitchen to help out. She peeked in and saw Yuugo standing over the food, very tense.

He let out a deep sigh before Emma decided to make her entrance.
"Heeeeeyy Yuugo?"
"Hi, Antenna"

"Uh-!" She gasped. "You haven't called me that in forever! You must be pretty annoyed, what's wrong?"
Her Antenna looked as if it would start waging like a dogs tail when it's excited.
He looked at it and his mood slightly lightened.

"Nah... I'm not annoyed," he said, "just scared as hell, that's All."

His words took her by surprise.
"YOU? SCARED?"
"Well, Yeah, I'm only human."
He continued to shock her as he went on.
"Yeah but.." she started, "I never thought you would admit to it.."

"Yeah well... you just gotta be real. I'm scared. End of story. It's like when you tell yourself not to cry, you start crying right away. Telling myself it's not scary just makes me in denial to the fact that... I am scared."

He looked cool, but she could tell he looked secretly proud of himself for sounding like that. She smirked and said,

"WIMP!" as she laughed.
"HEY YOU BRAT, SHUT UP!" She laughed at his blush even harder.

"Hmph! Every time I say something cool, you ruin it!" He grunted.

"Thanks." She said out of nowhere. "Thank you so much"

He witnessed her expression. Her scared face but it found a bit of light to grip onto.
"You're scared too, huh?" He asked.
"Well it's only natural."
He watched her as she went to wash her hands and join him to cook.
She continued.

"We've only just found the passage... we know nothing for certain of even if we'll make it back. That day I said I couldn't make promises about coming back, I wasn't joking. Truth is..."

she looked him in the eye.

"Who knows if I'll make it back? And you and Ray too... after All, that's why we're in groups... to better the chances of us coming back. It doesn't mean it's 100%."
He didn't expect her to say something so dark.
He clenched his fist, hating the world for making such a happy, pure girl to think about situations like this.

He would never admit it to her, but he saw her as a daughter...

And she and Ray would never tell him, but they looked up to him as they would a parent. A father they never had.

"Emma, we can't be certain, but let's just try our best out there.. I know it's cliche and not much of help But, don't let fear hold you back! I believe in you.. you made me a promise back at Goldy Pond. You said you'd take me with you to the human world so let's go! 2 more days? 2 days till freedom!"

She was shocked to hear him say this. But it made her happy. She smiled at him brightly As she exclaimed with joy,

"Yeah!"
~~~

After breakfast, Emma played around with the kids in the library. They helped her clean and order the shelves and they all had fun doing it.

Ray was seen sitting alone on one of the tables in the back. Her eyes kept drifting to him and for a moment, they made eye contact. They smiled at eachother as the children teased Emma. She heard Ray quietly laughing to himself as she blushed.
~~~
After long hours of organizing the library with the kids, Emma bumped into Yuugo.