"Am I Jealous?"

Emma got out of her room from her throbbing headache. She didn't want to make it a big deal so she kept it a secret from Anna and Zack, the two medics. She told herself that she was already 16 and she shouldn't worry the others.

She looked at her hand. Ray's ripped shirt was still wrapped around it.
She smiled as she held it to her chest.

"I guess I should actually disinfect it and wrap it up properly.." she said.

Regrettably, she walks out of her room towards the infirmary.
She opened the door and her eyes grew wide.

"CHRIS!?" She exclaimed with joy.
Chris was walking on his own two feet.

He turned to look at Emma and his face lit up.
"Emma! Emma! Lookie! I'm standing, I'm walking Emma! See?!"

She felt entirely relived and hugged him tight. It's been so long since Chris could walk after being hurt by Andrew. She was so grateful that he had a full recovery.
Emma looked up as she heard giggling from behind Chris. She looked up and saw Anna and Ray watching them.

"Ray? Anna?"
"Hey, Emma" Anna giggled.
Chris smiled at Emma.
"Anna took such great care of me y'know! She was always checking on me!"

Emma smiled at Anna.
"Is that So? Good job Anna!"
Anna blushes a bit.
"O-oh, it wasn't JUST me... Ray helped a lot. He spent a bunch of time learning the medicine names so he could be of help!"
She says that as she smiles brightly at him, who was sitting next to her.

Emma was about to smile, until she saw Anna's face blush as she smiled. She looked happy... really happy...

Emma went silent as she stared at the two.

"Nah, Anna.. The credit goes to you. I barely helped at all. It was you who did all the work." Ray said.

Emma wanted to say something but Anna spoke first, cutting her off.
"No, no, you really helped!"

"I.. uh..." Emma mumbled.

"Give one example of how I helped" Ray laughed.
"When you helped me wash the utensils, when you brought me the medicines, when you researched the best foods that Chris should eat, the list goes on!"

The two continued. Emma only watched.
Chris turned his eyes from Anna and Ray to Emma. He saw her hurt expression but Emma quickly changed it to a smile.

"So what did you come here for, Emma?" Chris questioned.
Emma jumped at the question

She came to wrap up her hand but she wanted to do it secretly so she didn't make a big deal out of it...

But Chris, Anna AND Ray were there. The room went silent, waiting for her answer.

"Oh... I just came to.."
"Shoot... what do I say?"
"I came to see the new infirmary..! It's really clean and spacious." She looked around to room to make her lie sound believable.

Chris and Anna fell for her lie. But Ray knew that wasn't it.

Emma didn't move her eyes from Chris. She stood up, still holding his shoulders.
"I'm so relieved that you're better. Thank goodness. I'm gonna go now okay?" She said.
"Okay!!" He replyed.

As she was about to walk out the door, Chris called out to her.

"Emma!"
She turned.
"I know you always came in here to check on me. Every day without fail... Thank you."

She looked flustered. She didn't tell anyone that she did that, but Chris somehow knew.

Her expression softened.
"Your welcome, Chris."
And she left.