The Meaning of Love

Who am I? What did I say again? E-... mma? Em... a? Em..ma..?
Emma! That's right... that girl... who is she? The one that I lo...ved?"

His vision started to fade to black as he was starting to remember.

"Love? I... loved her? She's still alive... and there's one thing she never got to know... right?"

"Love...?"

The screams of joy of the fake Emma's were interfering with his thoughts.
He couldn't think straight.

"One thing she's wanted to know...
But what?"

As he was beginning to lose hope, something occurred in his mind.

In the blackness of his blank mind, he saw a girl in his vision. She was blurry but her name came to mind.

"Emma."

He tried to think.
"What was what Emma... never got to figure out? What did she never get to know?"

The blurry girl in his mind became clearer as she smiled as she spoke in a soft tone.

...
Hey, Ray!
What does love mean to you?
...

His eyes opened quickly as he let out a gasp.

"The meaning... of Love?"

The vision in his head disappeared as he finally regained consciousness.
He felt a surge of energy.
He looked at his hand and it looked like he was back to his normal age again.

The siege of fake Emmas was still digging him deeper into the ground and he noticed one of them was trying to choke him.
He moved the hand off his neck and used his remaining energy to take a deep breath in.

"EMMA! WHAT'S YOUR MEANING OF LOVE!?"
He shouted.

The fakes stopped and looked around, confused. They looked around at eachother and started to guess random answers to convince Ray one of them was real.
But to every response, he smirked and replied,

"Wrong."

As each of them got it wrong, they all started to disintegrate away, still screaming "I'm the real one!"
But of course none of them got it right.
They were all apart of Ray's imagination. They were HIS hallucinations. And it was the one thing Ray didn't actually know about Emma.
So none of them could get it right anyway. Not even Emma had an answer.

Ray could finally see the sky after the last fake had disappeared. He sat up, coughing and holding his neck.
"They could've killed me right there..."

He looked around and noticed that the deserted wasteland was gone. Now he was in a grassy field with trees, flowers, greenery. It was actually beautiful.
He took a breath and the world had got oddly quiet. He stood from his position and one thing caught his eye.

An orange headed girl was sitting there in plain sight.

"Emma..?" He whispered.
His body stood on instinct as he slowly walked towards her.