3. Gunshots

Trigger warning: school shooting

(Btw Peter is adopted by Tony after aunt May dies)

  Tony Stark. Genius, playboy, billionaire, philanthropist. One of the most famous men on the planet. Yet he can't control a 5-year-old little girl and a 17-year-old kid. He constantly juggles with his kids and his job and keeping Pepper happy and the Avengers Tower all the way in New York. But he was getting used to it. The hardest part was over. Peter was getting better after losing May, Morgan was at an easier to control age, and all seemed well.

Seemed.

"Bye Mr. Stark- Uh, dad," Peter called out, still getting used to having to call Tony "dad". After giving Morgan a big hug, he walked out, apple in hand, and backpack hanging from a shoulder.

He still needed to get used to his new school, it was way bigger than his last, and there were more people and classes, it was quite stressful. But Peter knew exactly how to handle it. Since he lived far from the city, there was no need to go out on patrol everyday, and that helped him organize for school.

He walked in and his senses immediately started ringing in the back of his head. It was constant and by second period, it was getting painful. He went to the nurses office to ask for something to calm his "headache".

The small, old nurse greeted him kindly and gave him a painkiller and a cup of water. He thanked her but the second he popped the pill into his mouth, he heard it.

A gunshot.

Silence.

No one must've known what was going on at first, because the entire building was dead silent.

Another gunshot.

Then panic rose and flooded the school like a tidal wave. Nobody screamed, but the sounds of desks moving and people crying echoed in the empty halls.

The nurse froze and slowly looked at Peter, fear spread across her face. Her eyes were glossed with unshed tears as she slowly and quietly pushed the desk covered in medical instruments towards the door. Peter helped her and turned off the lights, guiding the old woman to the corner of the room. Peter tried to comfort her as she started sobbing quietly, but he was in the same state of anxiety as the rest of the school was.

Another gunshot.

A cut off scream.

Shivers crawled along Peter's spine. He peeked ever so slightly out of the door and saw a figure dressed in black a few feet from the door. Peter, keeping his eyes on the man, pressed the panic button on his watch to alert Tony and watched as the man turned around and started walking to the door. 

Peter backed away and pushed anything he could find in front of the nurse to cover her. She tried to protest and get him covered as well, but it was no use. Peter impatiently glanced at the large window to the outside, hoping to see the red and gold suit hovering over the ground, but no one was there.

Gunshot.

Peter's hands trembled uncontrollably. Was the person shooting people, or torturing them? Either way, Peter was scared out of his mind. After years of being Spider-Man, he was scared of a man with a gun. He had fought against Captain America, yet he felt powerless. 

He could've changed into his suit, but there was a lady watching him, and there was nowhere to go. The man's footsteps got louder and louder until they were right outside. Peter hid behind the door, a plan suddenly forming in his mind.

The man tried to push open the door, but stopped when he realized it was covered. He backed away and ran towards it, ramming into the door with his shoulder.