17. Soul Stone

A/N: I'm baaack :) also someone asked for a chapter with dr strange so here ya go

*

  Peter's eyes snapped open, hot pain immediately overtaking every muscle in his body. He felt as if he were in a small puddle of water, but he didn't feel wet. He lifted his head slowly, only to see pure orange. The sky was orange, and the water reflected it, only turning into a lighter version of the color. He looked around in panic, quickly spotting other people around him. 

Bucky was on his left and Star-Lord was on his right, all as confused as Peter. He grimaced as he grabbed at his aching side. He laid back down and lightly hit his head on the cold floor. He stared blankly up at the sky, letting his arms float in the strange water.

Slowly, his memory of what had happened returned.

*
*
*

"Mr. Stark," he mumbled, staring down at his hands. his senses shot a strong warning in the back of his skull and down his spine, sending shivers all over. Tony slowly turned to face the boy. Peter stumbled to the side, his head spinning.

"I don't feel so good," he said, his voice slightly cracking and tears blurring his vision.

"You're alright," Tony said, hoping, praying that it wouldn't happen to him too.

"I don't know- I don't know what's happening," Peter whimpered, stumbling towards Tony. He wrapped his arms around Tony's shoulders when the first few tears escaped. "I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go," he found himself repeating, his voice trembling with desperation. He felt his fingers starting to go numb as they slowly disintegrated. 

"Mr. Stark, please, I don't wanna go," he begged, choking on a sob. His hands were now numb, and his entire frame was trembling. "I don't wanna go."

Tony laid him down against some rubble and kept his hands on the boy's shoulders. Peter stared past Tony, accepting that there was nothing he could do. He was going to die. His eyes trailed over to meet Tony's worried gaze.

"I'm sorry," he whispered before everything went black.

*
*
*

Peter squeezed his eyes shut.

Shit.

Where was Tony? Was he ok? How was he gonna get home? Who survived?

He had so many questions his head started to ache more than it had already been aching. People had started to stand up, but Peter was too tired to even try.

Something about the strange place he was in threw him off. He felt weaker and his vision was foggy, as if his powers didn't quite work properly. Someone suddenly grabbed his shoulder and hauled him to his feet. He winced when he fell to his knees.

"Come on, man, we're getting out of here," a familiar voice said, helping him to his feet. He looked over and saw Star-Lord, his face still pale and expressionless with grief. He looked forward and saw a huge group of people crowding around something. Many of Peter's favorite superheroes as a kid were there, all with concerned or impatient faces.

They arrived to the crowd and saw people stepping into glowing yellow and orange circles, and disappearing on the other side. More started appearing and the crowd grew smaller with every second. Peter caught a glimpse of the other side and froze.

The circles were portals.

There was some sort of terrain with two giant groups of people running towards each other, some already meeting in the middle and fighting. Peter could easily make out some of them, for example, Ant-Man, who was the size of a building, and a few flying figures. One of them wore a bright red suit with golden markings. Peter tried to walk through the thinner crowd but failed as everyone else was as desperate to leave.

Peter was forced to wait behind until only him, Star-Lord, and Dr. Stange were left behind.

"You ok, kid?" Star-Lord asked. Peter nodded, his eyes fixed on the last portal. Star-Lord let go and hopped into the other side. Peter took a few steps forward but was stopped by Dr. Strange. He looked at the man expectantly.

"What?"

Stephen opened his mouth but closed it again and sighed. He looked into the other side and saw the Iron-Man suit staring into the portal.

"Just," he started. He looked back at the boy and scratched the nape of his neck. "Go see him. Now. It's been five years for them."

Peter's face scrunched up in confusion.

"What!?"

"Just go, see him," he said, pointing at the portal. He avoided eye contact, but Peter could tell something was up. Stephen mumbled something under his breath, so low and quick not even Peter's super-hearing could cath it. He shrugged it off and swung into the portal.

*

Tony was thrown back by the giant that had terrorized New York with "Squidward". He tried to shoot the creature with his repulsors but it did nothing. Suddenly, two webs latched onto the alien and threw him on his back before Ant-Man's giant foot crushed it. 

Peter swung over to help Tony get up.

"Holy cow," Peter breathed out as he grabbed his mentor's hand and pulled him to his feet. "You will not believe what's been going on," he started. "Do you remember when we were in space, and I got all dusty? And, I must've passed out because I woke up and you were gone, but Dr. Strange was there, right? And he was like; 'It's been five years, come on, they need us'. And then he started doing the yellow sparkly thing that he does all the time and-" He stopped when Tony pulled him into a tight hug.

"Oh, this is nice," he said as he hugged back.

*

"Mr. Stark? We did it sir- you did it," he stuttered, gently tugging at Tony's suit, his voice shaky and weak. Peper gently pulled him away as he covered his mouth with his hands and sobbed quietly. She kneeled down next to her husband and kissed his forehead.

Tears rolled down Peter's cheeks, leaving clean streaks along his dust and blood-covered face. He looked back at Dr. Strange, who stared down sadly at the fallen hero. His gaze met Peter's and his face softened.

"It was the only way."

*

A/N: hehehe sorry for torturing u tho... Also, I had to rewatch the scene to get the right dialogue and i ugly cried......... also also, sorry this isn't physical whump, it's more emotional, and also also also, i know the person who asked for this meant like a mission with dr. strange but I couldn't come up with anything new sorry :/

-Lara