22. Poisoned (part 2)

Peter's body convulsed violently on the table as Dr. Cho held him on his side and Bruce poked an IV into the top of his hand.

"He's having a seizure," Dr. Cho warned Bruce, her usually calm voice laced with worry.

"Again?" Bruce huffed, taping the small tube down onto his skin and helping Cho hold him on his side. "The poison must still be in his system."

"But we cleaned it! And his metabolism should've burned the rest of it by now."

"It must've been a really powerful drug, then. Probably enough to kill us both."

Cho looked down at the teenager and sighed sadly as his shaking came to a stop and he passed out.

"What are we gonna do, then?" She asked after several minutes of silence.

"We wait."

*

    Tony took another sip of his coffee. His fifth cup of the day. His leg bounced nervously and Pepper laid a calming hand on his back.

"He'll be ok, Tony," she said softly, rubbing his back softly. Tony didn't reply, he just sighed and took another sip.

The hands on the clock spun endlessly, only reminding Tony of how long Peter was unconscious and letting the man drown further in his worries. Pepper stood up, pulling her coat on and grabbing Tony's hand.

"Come on, let's go," she said. Tony looked up at her in surprise.

"What?"

"Let's go, don't worry, we'll eat and take a shower and we'll be back."

Tony shook his head and looked back down. "I'm staying until Peter wakes up." Pepper quirked an eyebrow in defiance.

"No you're not, mister, you gotta take care of yourself, Bruce told us that Peter will be ok."

"But what if he wakes up and I'm not here?" He said, a bit harsher than intended.

"He won't wake up for another two hours, Tony," Bruce said from behind him. Tony looked back at him and sighed.

"Fine."

*
    His eyes pried open, a blinding white light overtaking his vision. A steady beeping sound buzzed from beside him, and he immediately knew where he was. He tried sitting up but his head was pounding with pain. He groaned and sunk back into his pillow.

"Welcome back to the land of the living, kiddo," someone said from his right. Peter rolled his head over and saw Tony sitting on the edge of the spotless white bed. The man flashed a soft smile and Peter chuckled.

"Sorry for scaring you," Peter mumbled, letting his eyes close once more. Tony waved his hand dismissively.

"It's ok, kid." Tony ruffled Peter's hair, making the teenager swat his arm away.

"What happened exactly?" He suddenly asked. Tony sighed.

"Well," he started. "You were stabbed with a poisoned knife-"

"Cool."

"Not cool, and you had two seizures and lost a lot of blood."

"Not cool."

Tony chuckled. "Yeah, not cool. Well, when I got there you passed out and then I flew you here."

Peter squinted thoughtfully before his eyes widened and a grin spread across his face.

"Oh, yeah! You were crying like a baby!"

Peter giggled as Tony pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Well, if you go off on some mission, don't tell me about it, call me, and I see you almost dying, I'm not gonna be particularly happy."

Peter nodded in agreement. "I'd cry too... I mean, if you were poisoned with a knife."

The two chuckled.

Maybe things were going to get better.

*

A/N: hello :)

first off, this is reeeeeeally short and i'm sorry, there just wasn't much left to finish :/

and second of all, this is officially the last chapter in this book! Thank you all for reading and voting on this dumb thing i started when i was bored. I never thought i would have 2k ppl reading my stories and actually liking them lmao

anyway, love y'all

-Lara