8. Trap

"I'm going to find him, I have to," Peter said, speeding through the words as he looked through street cameras, looking for any leads.

"Don't worry kid, we will," Rhodey replied calmly, placing a hand on the nervous teenager's shoulder.

Tony had been kidnapped, and so far, they had absolutely no leads. It had been nearly a week, and the team had been quite relaxed, expecting the genius to find a way out or use his suit, but there had been no sign of him.

Peter sighed, running his fingers through his hair and sinking in his chair. His leg bounced impatiently and his fingers quickly found the brim of his hoodie and started fiddling with it.

"I have something!" Nat called out, standing up from her seat, her eyes glued to the screen. Everyone scrambled to her side, quickly following her gaze to the computer.

On it was a street recording of three men carrying unconscious Tony into a van and driving away. Peter was already taking his clothes off, leaving him in his suit by the time the video was over.

"The van drove all the way to... Boom, the abandoned warehouse near Liebman's Deli," she said, sitting back down, clearly proud of herself. "You guys know where it is?"

"I'll go," Peter said right after she finished talking. The rest turned to look at him in disbelief.

"Um, no," Steve replied, taking a step towards the anxious teenager. "You'll need help."

"I can go," Harley butt in, looking around at the rest for approval. Peter sent his boyfriend a thankful smile and looked back at Steve, who looked doubtful, to say the least.

"Fine," he finally said. "Go."

* * *

Peter crawled in through a window and looked around. Rats crawled around the floor and the roof had holes in it, letting single light beams enter and slightly illuminate the place. On the opposite wall Peter was on, was a figure tied up to a chair. Peter turned back to the window to Harley hovering outside in his Iron Lad suit.

"He's here," he reported, before jumping down to the floor. They had agreed that Peter would go in while Harley would keep a lookout outside.

"Mr, Stark!" Peter whispered, watching as the figure lifted its head to reveal Tony's face, not a scratch on it. His eyes widened when he recognized the teenager. Peter sped towards him, still alert to the environment around them.

"Shit- Peter, you gotta go, Pete, you- it's a trap-" he stammered, but before he could finish, Peter's body involuntarily leaped into the air, an arrow shooting right under his legs. Before he could land, another arrow shot from somewhere and pierced into his back.

He collapsed on his chest, squeezing his fists in pain.

"Holy shit, kid, you ok?" Tony asked, clearly in panic as he tried to break free from the thick ropes holding him to the chair. 

Pain soared through Peter's back as he tried to stand up to free his mentor. He felt blood leaking out of the wound, staining his suit in a darker shade of red. He crawled to Tony's side and quickly untied the ropes before collapsing once more onto the cold, hard cement floor.

He pushed Tony's hands away, repeating over and over for him to leave.

"No, I'm taking you back-"

"Go."

Tony hesitated before shaking his head and kept insisting on carrying him.

"Go, Mr. Stark, I can swing back," he grunted, trying to stand up without the help of Tony.

"Fine, I'll go and get my suit, and I'll be back if you aren't there when I am," Tony said, quickly running off.

The second he turned his back Peter fell back on his chest, sighing heavily. His mind was foggy and his thoughts were hard to focus on.

Should I pull it out? How do I apply pressure if there's an arrow in the way? How do I even apply pressure if I can barely reach it?

His breathing came in short, quick sucks for air and long coughs in return. He turned on his side when he started hearing repulsors nearing him.

Is Tony back already? How long have I been here?

"Pete," a familiar voice called out from a few feet away. "Jesus Christ, Peter, I told you we should've both gone in."

Harley.

Peter grunted in return, trying to hold onto consciousness. Someone grabbed his shoulder and sat him up. Through half-closed eyes, he could barely see his boyfriend's concerned face staring back at him. He rested his chin on his chest and continued gasping for air.

"Shit-Uh, ok, I'm gonna, uh, fly you to the compound, ok? We can't wait for a helicopter," he said, the words spilling out of his mouth in panic. Peter coughed and splattered the floor and his suit with blood. 

Harley gently picked him up, careful not to touch the wound or the arrow, and slowly stood up. Peter rested his head on Harley's shoulder and let his eyes close. He heard him walk out and fly away but was too weak to open his eyes and watch.

After trying to fall asleep to ease the pain for what seemed like forever, Harley made it to stable ground and heard him yell something he couldn't pay attention to.

Before he knew it, someone else was placing him face down on some sort of bed and putting a mask over his mouth and nose which helped his breathing and eased him into a deep sleep.

* * *

 He felt someone grabbing his hand tightly, and could hear someone whispering on his other side.

"Hey, Pete... I don't know if you can hear me, but I'm sorry... I really thought you were fine because you're so, so strong and have walked off bullet wounds and getting beat up... And I left you... God, I'm so stupid. And Bruce said that you lost a dangerous amount of blood and if Harley hadn't found you when he did... I don't wanna even think about what could've happened. You're so very important to me, Pete, and lucky me that Harley over here is fast asleep, he would make fun of me for the rest of my life for this sappy speech..." Tony's voice said slowly. 

He sounded tired and disappointed, probably in himself.

"I love you, kiddo," he admitted after a few seconds. Peter gathered all his strengths and slightly parted his lips.

"I know."

*

A/N: sorry for being so late on this lol i'm a master procrastinator