13. Poison

Peter stumbled back after the strong punch landed on the side of his head. He touched the area softly after a murmuring small "ow". The man raised his fist once again, a victorious smile plastered on his face.

"You know man, just because you punched me once doesn't mean-" he quickly dodged the man's fist and threw a swift uppercut, sending the man stumbling back. He turned his head and spat out a bloody tooth.

"Ew, that's nasty, dude," Peter said, staring down at it in disgust. The man ran towards him in pure anger but missed him and fell face-first onto the ground. He struggled to get up as Peter crouched next to him.

"Fuck you," the man muttered through heavy breaths. Peter put a hand over his heart and gasped.

"Do you speak to your mother with that mouth?"

The man quickly tried to grab Peter's ankle to throw him down but failed as Peter was too fast to react.

"Listen, I'm trying to impress Mr. Stark so if you give me some information that would be nice," Peter explained. The man glared at him.

"I ain't telling you shit," he spat back, trying to get up. Before Peter could react, the man had kicked his feet and Peter found himself falling onto his back with a thump. He groaned and rubbed his aching back.

The man must've gotten up while Peter was rolling on the floor because he had started kicking Peter repeatedly in the same spot so he wouldn't get up. The man burst with laughter as the edge of his boot bruised the boy's back.

Peter coughed and sighed after the man stopped and stood over him menacingly. He kneeled down next to him, quickly pressed his forearm against Peter's throat and pressed down harshly. Peter gasped, clawing and grasping at the man's arm. As he panted for breath, the man took out a small knife from his back pocket and looked at it lovingly. He placed it down next to Peter's head and swiftly ripped his mask off.

"Oh, God, that's a no-no," Peter choked out. The man's menacing smile slowly faded and turned into a scowl.

"Shit, you're a kid? I wanted to kill you, but at least I have decency," he said with disappointment as Peter scoffed. "I'll just have to -painfully- keep you alive." He reached for the knife and hovered it over Peter's face. He gently traced it along Peter's - now pale - face. 

Peter shivered as the cold metal ran along his cheekbone. His vision was getting fuzzy and sounds seemed distant. His struggles to break free from the man's grasp slowly stopped as the man moved the knife to Peter's stomach. He tried to stay still as he felt it start tearing through his skin.

Suddenly, the man stopped, as if he was thinking it over. He looked over at Peter and sighed before lifting the knife and sinking it onto Peter's shoulder. Peter's back arched as he tried to scream but quickly remembered he was being choked and his throat was sealed shut. He coughed and struggled as hot tears formed in the corners of his eyes. He bit his lip as the man slowly turned the knife into Peter's shoulder.

He let go of the knife, which was still embedded deep into his shoulder and stood up. Peter gasped for air, the color slightly returning to his face. The man sent one last kick to Peter's stomach and walked off, slightly limping from his beat up. He quickly slipped his mask back on.

Peter rolled around on the floor, in pain and confused when his muscled started spazzing randomly. He twitched and shivered as he tried to get to his knees. He scrambled up and leaned against a wall for support as his muscles contracted and convulsed, unable to let him walk properly. He felt his lungs shrink as if he was being choked again. He grasped at his chest, trying to relax and control his unstable breathing.

His legs gave out and he fell to his knees with a final gasp. 

This is normal, he thought. I'm just having a panic attack.

His vision started contorting and warping, making him dizzier than he was before. With his muscles still going haywire, he lifted a trembling arm and shot a web onto a near roof. He tried to swing onto it but made it halfway, his legs crashing against the wall. He used what felt like the last of his strength to climb up and collapsed onto the concrete. His chest heaved and his head spun.

What the hell was going on?

He lifted his arm to turn on his comms but missed the button several times with how much his fingers were shaking. There was short static on the other line before a beep.

"Kid?" Tony's voice asked, suddenly seeming too loud. Peter winced as his voice echoed endlessly in his head. Once it was over, he opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by a coughing fit the erupted from his aching chest. He got on all fours, his back curling up as hot, blinding pain attacked his chest.

His fingers fiddled with his mask, struggling to take it off. His muscles felt drained, even though he had barely fought anyone.

"Peter?" Tony repeated, his voice laced with concern. Peter winced again as he managed to take his mask off.

"Stop screaming," he coughed out, throwing the mask aside. Black dots and smudges flew across his vision, giving him hope that he could pass out and everything would stop.

"I'm not screaming," Tony replied, his voice quieter, as if he knew something was wrong. Peter panted, trying to gather the strength to reply in a full sentence. His words got caught in his throat, making him cough even more, and blood splattering on the concrete.

"Hey, Pete, listen to me, alright? Where are you?" Tony asked gently, yet unable to hide the fear sticking out in his voice. Peter kept on coughing but managed to say one word.

"Karen."

"Yes, Peter?" She replied.

"Send-" he stopped to cough and catch his breath. "-Tony my location."

"Working on it."

*

It felt like forever since Peter had been stabbed and probably poisoned too. He could barely remember it clearly as if it had been years since it happened. He was laying down on his side, his cheek laying in a small puddle of blood he had coughed out.

Cold sweat raced down his face, mixing with the blood that was spilling from his mouth because he was too weak to spit it out. He panted and gasped for air, his chest feeling heavy and barely allowing for him to breathe. The few breaths he could manage came out in small, pained wheezes.

Someone grabbed him from behind and rolled him onto his back. Peter's weak gaze met Tony's, who looked absolutely terrified as he inspected Peter's bloody, shaking body. He placed his palm on Peter's forehead and gasped.

"Shit, kid, you're burning up. What the hell happened?"

Peter replied with a small hum, his head lolling weakly to the side. Tony placed his hand on Peter's cheek and lifted his face.

"You stay with me, kiddo, alright? Help is on the way, don't worry, you'll be fine." His words spilled out of his mouth, all too quick for Peter's tired brain to process.

"Don't close your eyes, ok? That's all I ask, just keep those eyes open for me, can you do that? Come on, Pete," he begged as Peter's shaking body slowly came to a stop and his eyelids grew heavy. Hot tears were rolling down Tony's face by now, his mind racing and his panic rising.

"Come on, you do not get to quit on me, Parker!" He sobbed out, softly slapping Peter's face as his eyes shut.

"Please."

*
A/N: YAY THANK U GUYS FOR 500 READS WOOHOO

anyway two things: one ignore the mistakes i'm lazy, and two, this is a cliffhanger kinda so if u want a part two just ask

-Lara