21. Electrocuted

"I'll be fine, Mr. Stark!" Peter groaned, trying to slip from Tony's lab. "Also, stop calling me kid, I'm twenty-one."

"I'll stop calling you kid when you stop calling me Mr. Stark. It makes me feel old... Now go, kid, save the day."

Peter rolled his eyes and ran out of the sliding glass doors, his sneakers squeaking against the polished floor. He slipped into a janitor's closet and slipped into his suit as fast as possible. He shoved his clothes and backpack under an old, unused desk, and crawled out of a small window.

He swung towards the bank, his limb slightly stiff from the lack of exercise. As much as he wanted to, ever since May's death, he just couldn't get into the suit without breaking down, reminded of everything she did to help him whenever he would get hurt of failed a mission. But today he felt happier than usual, more energetic.

It had really helped when Tony offered peter a room at his cabin. At first, Peter refused, not wanting to leave May's apartment behind, but after a while, he obliged. Spending time with Morgan, who had become a sister, and Pepper and Tony really helped get his mind off things.

He landed on a rooftop a few buildings away from the scene. Apparently, Electro had escaped RAFT and was terrorizing the city once more.

Zaps of powerful current shot through the sky, announcing his arrival. He landed on the street, watching as people screamed and ran off in the opposite direction. Peter swung forward and landed right in front of the entrance to the bank.

"Well, hello there," he said, tipping an imaginary hat. "Do you need help crossing the street, old man?"

Electro gritted his teeth in fury.

"Get out of my way, Bug-boy, or I'll do it myself," he spat out, pure electricity wrapping around his hands and fingers in anticipation. Peter put a hand over his heart and gasped.

"Didn't you know? Spiders aren't bugs, they're arachnids!" He corrected. Electro glared at him, unimpressed, before quickly shooting a yellow bolt towards him. Peter dodged easily, landing on the concrete with grace.

"Is that the best you got, old man? Please-" he jumped out of the way again, and again, and again.

Electro was attacking purely out of rage instead of convenience, missing every shot that went Peter's way.

Peter faked a yawn and tapped his foot on the street below him.

"Come on, man, I got things to do," he complained. Electro continued glaring at him, his eyes filled with such fury and hatred that it sent shivers through Peter's spine. He shot Peter once more, missing again.

After a while, Peter was starting to understand his plan. 

He was tiring him out.

And it sure was working, after some minutes of leaping and swinging and dodging, his muscles started cramping, forcing him to react slower. Even though he still missed most zaps, he sometimes brushed past them, feeling the slight shock against his muscles.

"Tired, Spider-Man?" Electro taunted, watching as Peter rested his hands on his knees and panted like a dog.

"Nope," he replied gleefully. "At least, not enough for this." He shot a web straight to Electro's face, temporarily blinding him. Peter took the opportunity to run up to him and throw him down with a swift kick to the chest.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure you don't get the worst cell back at RAFT," he said, punching as Electro tried to rip the webs from his face.

Before his Spider-Senses could warn him, Electro slammed his fists onto the street, an electric shockwave pulsing through the whole block.

Peter flew back, his back hitting the wall of a building. His muscles spasmed and twitched painfully, making the hero unable to move as both fear and pain overwhelmed him. His ears were ringing, the distant sound of his rapid heat being the only thing he could make out. Burning and piercing pain shot through his entire twitching frame. 

His vision was foggy. He could barely see what was overhead. He breathed out harshly, his lungs somehow burning with excruciating pain. He felt nauseous, his head was spinning and he felt like throwing up and it hurt so much and-

Then, he passed out.

*
  "What happened to him?" Peter heard someone say. Suddenly the lights were too bright and he was dazed and in so much pain.

"I don't know, I found him like this," someone else said, their words quick and filled with concern. His head was spinning and he wanted to vomit everything he had eaten in his life.

"You said he was fighting Electro?" The other voice said. Even though his hearing was clearing up, his mind was still scrambled. He felt hot. Really hot. He felt cold sweat trickling down his forehead and into his hairline.

The bright lights passed by. Where was he? Where was he going?

The other person must've nodded because almost immediately he heard a quiet "shit" and a louder "get Dr. Cho in here!"

Someone was clipping his suit down the middle and opening it. As relieved as he was from being freed from the hot, sweaty suit, he shivered. Now hands were opening his eyelids and shining an even brighter light right into them.

Hands were all over, either putting a mask over his mouth and nose, or pricking his wrist with something that felt like a needle, or taking the rest of his suit off.

"Dangerously low blood pressure," an unfamiliar voice said. "Weak but rapid heartbeat," the voice listed. "He's going into shock."

Me? I'm going into shock? What happened? Where even am I?

His thought raced but he just couldn't recall what happened after pinning Electro to the ground.

"You'll be okay, Pete," someone whispered, closer to him this time. Another hand rested on his forehead. Much sweeter, much softer than the rest. "You'll be fine." Was that Tony? "I promise..."

Oh, okay.

*

A/N: wow look the little bitch uploaded

sorry idk if this will be the last oneeee but i'll tell u guys when it is :)

-Lara