12. Disney World

A/N: before u kill me for making something that has nothing to do with whump; I'm sorry. I've been running out of ideas and I really missed Florida and Disney (i used to live there) so yea...

*
*
*

 "Are we there yet?" Peter squealed, sticking his head out of the half-opened window. Tony took a hand off the steering wheel and grabbed Peter's shoulder, pulling him back in.

Tony had insisted on driving all the way to Florida in a not-so-mini-van.  All of the Avengers (except Thor, who couldn't make it) fit inside comfortably, and there was even space for a small fridge. 

"No, Peter, we're not there yet," Tony replied for the tenth time, his voice monotone and tired. Peter sighed in disappointment as he sunk into his seat.

"Stop kicking my seat!" Nat growled as she turned to face Clint, who had a playful grin on his face. He made a thinking face before turning back to her.

"Nope."

"I swear, I'll climb back there and choke you with my Minnie ears," she threatened, pointing at the accessory on her head. He lifted his hands in defeat.

"Ok, ok, I'll stop."

Everyone in that van knew she wasn't joking. 

They kept on riding in silence, Disney songs playing softly through the car speakers. Peter had prepared a playlist with everyone's favorite songs and insisted on playing it all ride long.

As Peter lip-synced along to "Bear Necessities", Tony followed the beat by tapping his thumbs against the steering wheel.

Suddenly, Clint started singing along, his voice cracking and not even close to hitting the notes, but at least he was trying. Peter smiled and joined in, soon followed by Tony and Bruce. Only Nat and Steve didn't sing along; Nat because... Well, that's pretty self-explanatory, and Steve because he hadn't watched the movie or heard the song before.

They were rocking out when Peter noticed a sign a few feet away from the car. It read "Orlando - 40 miles".

He accidentally shrieked in excitement which made everyone stop singing and stare at him in confusion.

"Sorry," he chuckled. "We're 40 miles away from Orlando."

Everyone -even Nat- smiled at his comment. Peter looked down at his phone which had started vibrating. He opened it and sighed.

Ned: OMG DUDE?! YOU WENT TO DISNEYLAND WITH THE AVENGERS AND U DIDN'T TELL ME????

Peter: **Disney World

Ned: STILL!! THAT IS AWESOME DUDE!!! Y DIDN'T U TELL ME?

Peter: Bc it was really last moment lol

Ned: HOLY SHIT THAT'S SO COOL OMG OMG OMG OMG

Peter: Ned relax

Ned: OMG OMG OMG OMG

Peter: Ned-

Ned: OMG OMG OMG

Peter: ugh, later 

Peter closed his phone and stared out the window.

*

  Peter almost leaped out of the window if he hadn't been pulled back in by Tony, who told him to use the door like a civil human being. The parking lot was huge, probably bigger than the first floor of Peter's high school.

Peter stretched his legs and tried to help Nat get out of the car when she opened the door just for his hand to get smacked away.

They got their backpacks and water bottles and walked to the Monorail stop. A few people stopped to take pictures with some of the team and told them that Peter was an intern who had won a bet instead of telling them he was also an Avenger.

They got on and the futuristic-looking train sped off. Peter sat next to the window, peeking around for the famous castle.

His heart skipped a beat when he saw it.

It was way bigger than he could've ever imagined, and it was so perfect in every way. It had the most intricate details that only he could see with his advanced sight, and they were very realistic. It looked like a real castle where real royalty would live in. The windows had curtains on the inside and it looked like it had been built a few days ago because of how clean it was.

His eyes dropped to the bridge that allowed people to walk through the castle and into the other side of the park. He wanted to say something, but his words got caught in his throat. The rest had seen it by now, and they all quickly rushed to Peter's window and watched in awe.

Peter hadn't even realized that his jaw was hanging open until Tony put a finger under his chin and closed it, his eyes still pinned on the crowded yet magical park below them.

  When the Monorail slowly came to a stop, Peter was already running down the stairs of the station. Although there were many people, it wasn't as crowded like in the videos he'd seen on YouTube when he was sick and bored.

"Woah," he managed to say, not knowing where to look. His eyes sped around to the castle and to the shops around it and to the characters doing meet-and-greets. The rest caught up and started walking past Peter deeper into the park.

"Where should we go first?" Nat asked, unable to hide her impressment. 

"I don't know about you guys but I'm starving," Tony said, pointing at a restaurant called "Be our Guest". Peter agreed as he caught up to the group and so did the others.

There, they ate a good but slightly overpriced lunch and quickly left to get on some rides.

Steve was worried sick because he had never been on any sort of ride before, so the team decided to prank him and make him go onto Expedition Everest, telling him that it was calm and had only two drops.

He passed out twice.

Then, Peter bought a churro and a Goofy hat, Nat got a black widow keychain, Tony got an Iron-Man mug, Steve bought a really expensive Captain America hoodie, Bruce a Hulk Pop figurine, and Clint got offended because all he could find was a Hawkeye pin. 

After that, Clint and Peter had a turkey leg eating competition and, of course, Peter won by a long shot.

The team made fun of Peter for screaming "like a girl" on the Tower of Terror, and then of Bruce for chickening out of going on Rock 'n' Rollercoaster. 

By the end of the day, they were all sitting on the roof of a building (which was Peter's idea) watching the fireworks go off and illuminate the sky around them in colorful explosions of light.

Peter rested his head on Tony's shoulder and sighed.

This is nice.