20. "I can't feel my legs."

A/N: sorry for the slow updates I couldn't come up with anything :'(

*

  Peter dodged Electro's bolts of electricity, each one shooting past him. He was basically immune to them, thanks to the suit he had made that was basically Electro-proof.

He leaped through the air with ease and slowly inched towards Electro.

"Is that the best you got?" Peter taunted, throwing a hard punch to the man's face. Electro grunted and caught Peter off guard by grabbing his wrists.

"Oh, you wanna hold my hand now? Are you sca-" he froze when a strong pulse of electricity overtook him, sending his muscles in a series of rhythmic spasms and twitches. Electro let him fall to the floor, crushing his web-shooters right before. Peter groaned and rolled onto his back.

"I guess the suit doesn't work," he sighed.

He looked down at his wrists and frowned at the crushed metal with wires and web fluid spilling out.

"Not so powerful now, huh? Without your precious webs, you're nothing," Electro spat out.

"You're right," Peter started, voice strained. "I'm just this." He swiftly kicked at Electro's legs, causing the older man to fall right onto his back. Peter scrambled up and took out the power-dampening handcuffs Bruce had helped him design.

He turned Electro onto his stomach and put his arms behind his back.

"Don't worry, I'm sure there'll be a nice warm cell ready for you at RAFT," Peter said. 

Electro sighed in reply and quickly freed an arm, pointing it at a nearby building, his fingers outstretched.

"What are you doing?" Peter asked wearily.

"You take a single step closer, I'll blow this tower to pieces," he threatened, small bolts of electricity wrapping around his fingers in preparation. Peter looked up at the building full of people. He raised his arms in defense and took a couple of steps back. Electro stood and faced him, his palm still pointing at the tower.

"Give me the handcuffs," he ordered. Peter hesitated and his eyes trailed to the tower. He slid them across the concrete towards Electro. 

"Anything else, your highness?" Peter mocked, scoffing.

"Yes," Electro replied, a malicious grin spreading across his face. He raised his free hand and shocked Peter right in the chest. Peter flew back and landed with a thud against the floor.

Electro calmly walked over to Peter's weak figure and put the handcuffs on.

Peter felt as his powers began to dampen, his vision turning blurrier, his muscles weaken, his spidey-senses fading and trying to declare danger. Peter managed to stand up and was immediately sent flying back by another bolt.

His head flared with pain, white, radiating pain. He didn't know where he was, or if he was even on stable ground. He felt wind rushing through his hair in his mask and his limbs growing weightless.

The breath was knocked out of him, his lugs straining at the sudden impact. His vision went white for a couple of seconds, a blinding white. He squeezed his eyes shut as his back throbbed in agony.  He opened his eyes, immediately finding himself staring up at the night sky. With each ragged breath, his back sent a pulse of hot pain throughout his entire torso and legs.

His eyes darted from side to side, trying to identify where he was. He recognized the tower Electro had threatened to explode and the building they were fighting on.