Tsukishima x Reader

You sighed and plopped down in your chair, all too early for your first class of the day. Being the first one in the classroom was not a rare occasion for you, as you were always a quiet, diligent student and absolutely hated running late for anything. You glanced at the empty seat next to yours and subconsciously sighed again.

'I wonder when he'll get here today,' you thought to yourself before shaking your head to clear it. You hated the fact that anyone could occupy your thoughts, unless it was the people in your study group. All you wanted to do was get top grades, graduate, and get out of there. People had hurt you too much in the past for you to trust them again.

Slowly, your classmates began filing in and chatting with one another, so you took out your textbook and started reading to avoid any conversations. You saw a tall blonde sit down in the seat next to you, but you continued to read and not acknowledge their presence.

"Studying already? Geez, (y/n), what's it like to not have a life?" the blonde said with a sneer.

"It's not too bad, Tsukishima, because I get to avoid people like you," you mumbled back, showing you weren't continuing the conversation any longer. You didn't particularly like or dislike the said boy, which is more than you can say for most others. However, any time you two would have any type of conversation, it was always him trying to stir you up and jab at you. You've learned that he treats most others like this as well, but you paid it no mind.

_____

As the day went on, Tsukishima continuously made snide comments your way. During the lunch period you sighed once more, closing your textbook and looking at him in the eyes. He almost seemed taken aback for a split second at the sudden eye contact, but he masked it well and sneered.

"Ah, so you finally acknowledge the existence of something other than a book."

"You've been even more diligent today than normal with your comments, what seems to be the issue?" you responded calmly. "Maybe I'm just tired of having such a boring neighbor, there's more to life than studies you know," he responded without hesitation. Rolling your eyes you responded in a fake soft voice, "Oh, you poor baby. That must be so hard for you." You tuned out his (probably rude) response, thinking again.

You were honestly surprised that you didn't hate him from the start, as most people like him give you bad flashbacks to the past when you were bullied. Somehow, he must have made a slight dent in your looming wall that protects you. Or maybe it's just because he's so damn tall and can just see over it, 'that little (big) shit,' you thought to yourself.

"Hey, you mind tutoring a couple of idiots I know?" he suddenly questioned, knocking you out of your thoughts yet again. "Hmmm," you feined thought, "how about no. I don't have time to teach others what they should already know."

"Tch, that's what I told them but my coach insists on it if we want to make it to nationals. I guess I'll have to lead the study group then," he trailed off.

"S...study group?" you perked up at hearing that. Giving you a look of confusion, but catching on quickly, he smirked and said, "oh yeah, there'll be a nice group of us doing nothing but studying for hours on end."

"After school. 7PM at my house," you asserted. You were much too excited at the thought of how much studying you'd get done today.

______

Once the school day ended, you rushed home so you'd have time to prepare some light refreshments for your soon to be guests while they were at their volleyball practice. You threw a few stray clothes and misplaced items into your closet so nobody would see your mess.

*Knock knock*

You opened the door to see a certain tall blonde standing with his hand behind his head. "Where is everyone else?" you questioned.

"Somehow they all 'forgot their textbooks' to get out of this," he rolled his eyes. "But why would I pass up a chance to get answers from the great (y/n)?"

"Well, come in I guess," you said, awkwardly moving aside. 'How uncomfortable that I'm stuck alone with this guy,' you fretted in your head. You grabbed about a third of the snacks you had prepared and made your way to your room to study. You somehow missed it when Tsukishima snuck a piece off the tray and ate it while you were turned the other way.

______

"Alright, so when you're finding the derivative of this equation, you write it like this," you explained while pushing a stray piece of (h/c) hair out of your face. He hummed in response, observing your face for a few seconds before completing the problem. "Nice! You did it perfectly!" You went in for a double high-five only to meet a smirking face getting closer to yours.

"How about we try a different reward system, (y/n)."

"Uhhh, wh-what do you mean?" you said as you felt your face heating up at the close proximity. Before you could register what was happening, his lips were pressed to your slightly gaping ones, giving him easier access to slip his tongue in to meet yours. For some odd reason (A/N- is it really odd though, (y/n)?) you felt yourself responding to the kiss. 'Whatishappeningwhatishap-' your inner monologue got cut short as he pushed you onto your back with his arms on either side of your head. You opened your eyes, a bit panicked as you realized what had just happened between you two. He didn't give you much time to process it though, as he dipped his head back in to start kissing you again. He smirked into the kiss as he felt your hands tangle in his blonde hair and your one leg wrapping around him to pull you closer to him. Your tongues swirled around and fought for dominance for a while, yours surprisingly winning against the boy before you had to come up for air. "So this is how to get you to stop studying, huh (y/n)? Interesting," he smirked but his face was flushed, taking away the edge to his words.

"Oh shut it, do you want me to stop that badly?" you smirked right back, knowing your answer would cause him to resume your activities. His eyes widened, as neither of you expected that response out of you. "Well, I guess there's a lot more to you than just book smarts," he whispered as he moved in on your now swollen lips.

_____

The two of you didn't get much more studying done that night, but you both passed your calculus test with flying colors the next day. "I guess my reward system really works, huh (y/n)," he whispered to you as you got your tests back.

He snickered-he didn't even have to turn his head to see the intense shade of red covering your face.