Shirabu Kenjirō x Reader

You had another late night craving for ice cream. Hey, it happens to the best of us!

Following that craving, you found yourself in the cooler section of your convenience store, rooting through to find the specific ice cream you so desired. You know the one.

While you were half-submerged in the cooler, someone else approached, seemingly looking for ice cream to satisfy his late night cravings as well.

"Ahem. Anytime now," a sharp voice urged you to move faster. You still hadn't found the ice cream you were looking for though, so you brushed them off. They could wait.

"Keeping the door open for this long will melt all the ice cream you know."

You pulled yourself from the tundra-also known as the frozen section-to see who the impatient voice belonged to. It turned out to be a very attractive male, much to your surprise. You were happy about this at first, but then you realized you were in your pajamas, and not even a cute pair. Oof.

"Look, I just really wanted this specific kind of ice cream but I couldn't find it..." you half whined to the boy you previously ticked off.

"Well, lucky for me I see the best flavor right up front. Good luck with your hunt," he brushed you off to grab his flavor of choice.

"Wait... you think that is the best flavor? Clearly you've never tried (fav. ice cream) then," you scoffed at his choice.

"Woah, don't talk like that about the greatest ice cream known to mankind," he seemed to almost challenge you to fight him on this.

"Let me find (fav ice cream) in here and we'll see which one is better then," you grinned, accepting his unspoken competition.

After much more rooting around, you finally found what seemed to be the last of your favorite ice creams at the very bottom of the cooler. You were really hoping it wasn't freezer burnt or anything to take points away from your win.

"Alright, what do you say we place a wager on this?" you offered. He shrugged in response, clearly just ready to eat some ice cream. Honestly, you were too.

"Loser has to buy the other their favorite ice cream, does that seem fair?" He accepted your terms and opened the wrapper to his (paid for) ice cream, holding it out to you first to take a bite (imagine his to be a pint of something ok, you took a bite with a spoon and not out of a cone like a monster).

You had to admit, his favorite was pretty good.. but yours was still the reigning champ in your opinion. You broke the seal on your ice cream to reveal it's perfect, untouched condition. Much like he did, you offered him the first taste.

You watched as his eyes involuntarily shut as his tastebuds went to a different world entirely. Alexis™️, play 'A Whole New World,' from Aladdin. When he returned to earth you looked over at you with wide eyes.

"Shit. How am I supposed to go back to this one now?" He gestured down at his now melting ice cream. You couldn't help but giggle at how earnest he was.

"It looks like you owe me some ice cream," you teased the sandy-haired boy. He exaggeratedly sighed before nodding, fully accepting his defeat.

"I suppose I do. But that seems to be the last one in this store, so how is that supposed to work?" At least he was smart enough to think about that, because it sure didn't cross your mind! To be fair, you were too busy admiring him and enjoying your winning ice cream.

You extended your ice cream to him to share while you thought for a bit, tapping your spoon against the side of your mouth.

"We'll just have to come back another night to satisfy our ice cream cravings!"

"And how are we supposed to communicate that?" Curse his intelligence, he's shooting down all your ideas.

"Well, we could start with your name?" This came off as more questioning and hopeful than assertive and cool like you imagined it to be. The corners of his mouth twitched up ever so slightly in amusement, but he didn't comment on it.

"Shirabu Kenjirō, and yours?"

"(L/N) (F/N)."

"What school do you go to, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Buy me ice cream if you want to know more about me," you winked, standing up to throw away your trash. He watched you with careful eyes, but amusement shone in them nonetheless. He was intrigued by you, a girl he just argued with after just meeting, over ice cream of all things. Granted, he could be a little hotheaded at times but you took it in stride and beat him at his own game. You were something alright.

"Well then, (Y/N), how do you expect to meet here at the same time with just each other's names?"

"When there's a will there's a way, maybe fate with decide," you grinned and moved towards the door, "have a good night Shirabu."

He didn't have a chance to respond before you were gone, but he was determined to not let you get away.

The days following he asked around to see if anyone knew who your were. Most of his leads were dead ends when one of his classmates actually recognized your name! He was able to locate people who knew you better to ask them to talk to you. Somehow though, he kept seeming to just miss you.

Dejected, he stopped by the same convenience store on his way home from school that day. He could really use some ice cream to cheer him up, and he heard they just restocked (fav ice cream).

When he entered the frozen section, he almost couldn't believe his eyes.

"(Y/N)," he half whispered, the girl in front of him turning around with a bright smile and two ice creams.

"I was hoping I'd catch you here, Shirabu."

I struggled to fully capture his personality in this and I know it, but for some reason I really felt the need to write it anyways LOL

Can you tell I'm craving ice cream rn?