Nishinoya Yuu x Reader

Your boyfriend of a few months bounded into your classroom practically screeching your name. You look up just in time to see a blur of the Karasuno boy's uniform launching at you-and then it hits you... literally. Nishinoya was latched to your figure like a koala on a tree before you knew it. "YUU! WARN ME NEXT TIME YOU TRY THAT!" you scolded the boy. He just threw his head back and gave you one of his hearty laughs, an action that instantly dissipates your rage every time.

"Let's go home, (y/n)-chan!"

"Huh? What about your practice?" you question, quite taken aback.

"It got cancelled today because of our scrimmage game yesterday, so we can go home together today!" you see the excitement in his eyes as you softly smile at the boy. You nod as you detach the koala from your side and grab his hand before he has time to protest the loss of contact.

"Let's go home then," you give him a cheeky smile that makes him blush.

_________

Still holding hands, Nishinoya drags you towards the convenience store on the corner of the street. "Wait here, (y/n), I have to grab something reeeaaaally quick!" he beams at you.

You wait for him to come back as you sit on the bench, not noticing the figure approaching you as you're lost in your thoughts.

"Fancy seeing you here, (y/n)," you hear a gruff voice sneer as you look up in surprise. No words could come out of your trembling mouth as realization of who this person was dawned on you. "What are you doing sitting here all by yourself? Why don't you come talk with me, we can catch up. It's been a while, hasn't it?" the tall presence leered over you. You were unaware of your body starting to shake. "Remember when you ran away and left me without telling me where you were going? You're lucky I'm so forgiving, you should be punished for being such a bad girl (y/n)."

"N-no..." your voice barely audible. Just then, Nishinoya's voice rang out, calming you down almost instantly. "(Y/n). Come here," he commanded. You instinctively got up and latched yourself to his side, letting out a small sob into his shoulder.

"I suggest you leave, it's clear she doesn't want to see you," he said darkly. The other presence, who was your abusive ex boyfriend, glowered at the two of you. "I see you've run to someone else for protection, it's hilarious how fast you move on, slut."

Hugging you tighter to him, Nishinoya didn't back down and kept the dark look across his normally bright face. Eventually your ex boyfriend spat towards you, throwing insults as he turned and walked away.

Nishinoya turned to you. "(Y/n), I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. If I had just taken you in there with me or not asked you to stop here at a-" you cut his words off with a kiss.

"Thank you. Nobody has ever stuck up for me like you. What would I do without you?" you softly smile, wiping the rest of the tears off your face. "I love you, Yuu." You grab his hand and gently pull him towards the direction of your house again, resuming your walk home.

"I love you more than life itself, (y/n). I'll always protect you," he whispers.