Kozume Kenma x Reader

A request by @TinyLuna2 ❤️
Jealous!Kenma x Reader fluff!!

Lev came into the volleyball gym after school acting very suspicious. He wouldn't turn his back to us, opting to scoot around along the walls to get to the supply closet. You stopped mid conversation with Kenma, your long-time crush, to watch the tall first year's actions. You and Kenma were not officially dating but everyone besides him seemed to know about your feelings towards him. You didn't exactly hide it well, watching every after school practice just so you could see him and walk home with him after. You were basically an unofficial manager at this point and all the boys welcomed you.

"Oi Lev, what the hell are you doing?" Kuroo called out. Lev started visibly sweating, and that's when you all knew he had done something he probably shouldn't have. Kuroo approached Lev who cowered in the corner, still not showing what was behind his back.

mew

Kuroo froze. "Was that... a meow?"

"No ahahahaha what makes you think there's a kitten behind my back hahahaha that's ridiculous!"

"Okay so Lev definitely has a kitten behind his back then," you deadpanned, making Kenma chuckle softly. Ah, you loved earning one of his rare laughs, it was like music to your ears. Lev, still cowering, lifted the kitten up to reveal its short striped fur. It was mostly black and gray but had pure white mittens and a white tip on its tail.

"Uwahhhh, he's so cute and fluffy!" You walked away from Kenma to see the kitten from a closer angle. Kenma frowned but stayed back a bit as the team crowded around to see the feline. After cooing over it for a while Kuroo realized it was time to start practice. He clapped for everyone to get in their positions.

"(Y/N) can you take care of the kitten while we practice?" Lev practically begs you. You of course agreed seeing as how you'd be there for the duration anyways. Plus, you got to hold a kitten. A win win, really.

Kenma approached you before he had to start practice.

"Oh, Kenma! Did you want to pet the kitten? Ahhh, isn't he cute? You just can't say no to that little face," you cooed at the cat in your hands.

"No, I don't want to pet the cat," he frowned in a huffed tone. You didn't pick up on it though, because you were too busy making kissy faces towards the little ball of fur. As Kenma sighed and walked away, you called out your 'good luck!' to him, earning only a curt wave of his hand.

"He must really not want to practice today, hmm Mr. SnugglePants?" You giggled at the new name you had given him.

A ball slowly rolled over to your feet. You moved to pick it up but Kenma jogged (yes he actually jogged) over to grab it.

"You need to focus on our practice (Y/N), if that was hit harder it would've hit you."

"It's okay, I have Mr. SnugglePants here to protect me!" you grinned, expecting a smile in return but getting the cold shoulder as he turned around and just.. left.

"What was that all about?" you murmured to the kitten, stroking his head as you pondered.

Kenma seemed to be trying harder than usual today which was a rare occurance. You were going to cheer him on when the kitten pawed at your lap and let out some soft mews. 'Oh no, he probably has to go to the bathroom,' you thought, rushing him out of the gym to let him do his business in the grass. Of course you didn't go unnoticed by the unnatural blonde.

When you came back in the team was taking a water break by the benches. You happily walked over to Kenma's side.

"You know, it can probably take care of itself, it's big enough," Kenma spoke with his back turned to you.

"He's just a kitten Kenma, I can't let him roam free and risk him getting in the way of practice. He still needs attention!"

"Yeah well I need attention too," he mutters before jogging off to resume practice again. You stood in your spot, mouth hanging open in shock. Did Kenma just...

Is he jealous of a kitten?

When practice was over you stood, waiting for Kenma to come get you like he usually does. Today he stood back further with a slight pout on his face, not leaving you behind but not wanting to come get you either. You said your goodbyes to the kitten, giving him one tiny little peck on his head before giving him to Lev, much to Kenma's dismay. The team gave each other knowing looks as you approached the unnatural blonde.

"Kenma, are you ready to go?" you cooed to the male in question. He mumbled a yes, refusing to meet your eyes.

"You did amazing today Kenma, I'm so proud of you!" You flashed him a big smile but still no reaction. He walked with you in silence out of the school gates and down the road towards your homes.

"Would it help if I did this?"

You started running your fingers through his hair like he saw you doing earlier to the little feline. You giggled when he showed his walk and leaned into your touch ever so slightly.

You pulled away and he pouted before getting his emotions in check, finally looking you in the eyes.

"It helped a little." Was he blushing?

You were in front of your house now. "Would it help if I gave you the same treatment I gave Mr. SnugglePants?"

"Maybe."

You giggled before placing a small peck on his forehead.

"I saw you give him at least three of those," still frowning through his blush.

"Oh I gave him a lot more than three, we might be here all night," you giggled before pecking his nose, his cheeks, and finally his lips.

"I want you to focus on me, (Y/N), and no one else."

"I promise, my little kitten."

The red of his face rivaled even the ripest tomatoes, but he finally let a smile grace his features again. It may have been unspoken, but from that day on you were his, and he was yours.