Sawamura Daichi x Reader

***contains slight manga spoilers***

You were on a first date with some guy your friend set you up with. It was going... well, horribly to put it nicely. The guy was talking about his political views and how women should just shut up and stay in the kitchen. You hadn't even ordered your food yet! He didn't even listen to you when you told him off. You tuned out everything he said after that and went on your phone to text your friend. Surely they would come to your rescue! You sent him a text:

'Hey, I need your help... I'm on a really awful date and I need an escape T.T'

'On my way.'

What a great guy he was, but you had no clue what he was going to do to rescue you. Oh well, surely it wouldn't be too dramatic! After a few minutes of waiting the door to the restaurant opened and you saw your friend in his work uniform. Yum. You couldn't deny he was hotter than hell.

Your friend talked to the host at the front before he pointed your way and allowed him to walk in. Oooh what was going to happen? You were trying to contain your excitement as your friend got closer, meanwhile your date was still droning on about god knows what.

"(F/N)(L/N)?" your friend spoke in a deep, businesslike tone.

"That's me."

"You're under arrest," he put your hands behind your back and handcuffed them as he read you your rights. Well, your friend was a cop after all, what did you really expect?

You silently let him lead you out of the restaurant, biting the inside of your cheek so you wouldn't burst out laughing. He led you to his car before releasing the cuffs and helping you sit in the front seat.

The two of you made eye contact as he got in the drivers seat and neither of you could contain your laughter anymore. It was one of those painful ab workout type laughs that made tears prick the corners of your eyes.

Once you both had calmed down again, he looked you dead in the eye with a serious face.
"But really (Y/N)... that guy? You could do so much better than that."

You rolled your eyes but knew your friend only had your best interests at heart. It had been that way since you'd met him in high school.

"Oh Daichi, clearly my dating life sucks, I don't think I've ever been on a good, proper date," you said with a laugh.

All he said was:

You looked at him questioningly, so he continued, "My shift is over, so let me take you out

You looked at him questioningly, so he continued, "My shift is over, so let me take you out. I'll show you what a real date is like."

I mean, your plans for the night just got cut short so..
"Let's do it!"

He put the car into drive and starting taking you to an unspoken destination. You were honestly pretty excited, you'd had a huuuuge crush on Daichi back in high school but he was always too focused on volleyball to notice. And lucky for you, he was even more attractive to you now on top of his winning personality, so this was a major win in your books.