Hanamaki Takahiro x Reader

This one made me laugh while writing it, hope you can toooooo

You breathed out a heavy sigh as you pushed open the rooftop door for some peace and quiet during your lunch break. Today had been a really stressful day between school and friend matters. Nobody ever came up there, so you knew you'd be able to rest easy.

Or so you thought.

As the door opened, you saw a figure lazily leaning against the far wall eating something. Well, it was too late to turn back, hopefully he wouldn't try to talk to you.

"What the fuck, is that a block of cheese?" This boy was eating a whole ass block of cheese, you couldn't help yourself from commenting.

"A whole two-pounder, baby," he grinned at your slight disgust and amazement. Your mouth sort of just hung open, you were speechless. Suddenly all the stress from your day had evaded you, and you started to snicker, which turned into laughter that shook your shoulders. You walked over and sat next to him. The boy just kept the grin plastered on his face as he watched you relax.

"Is this... a normal thing for you?" You mustered out between chuckles.

"Well, my buddy tried to bet that I couldn't finish it so I wanted to practice before the real deal."

"You mean you're going to do this again?" He nodded, the lazy grin still present on his features. You doubled over in laughter at this, who was this guy?

"Ah, you think I'm pretty cool now don't you?" He exaggeratedly puffed out his chest and brushed some nonexistent dust from his shoulders.

"Oh yeah, just the coolest," you joked sarcastically.

"Well then I've succeeded at least once today, when you came out here I was just about to give up on this brick," he held the block of cheese up, "and forfeit the challenge."

"What? You can't forfeit! Do whatever you have to do to force the cheese down," you slapped your hands to your thighs in protest.

"You really want me to suffer a cheesy death, don't you?" He let out a chuckle.

"Well yeah, I'm invested in this now!"

He dramatically stared down his cheese block before forcing himself to take another bite.

"That's it, I'm tapping out. I can't look at cheese for another lifetime now."

"Wait.. what if I told your buddy I saw you eat the whole block, would that help you win the bet?"

"Maybe, but why would you help me?"

"I told you, I'm invested. In it to win it," you laughed with him following suit.

"Sure, we can try it. You know a guy named Oikawa?" You grimaced at the name.

"Woah, not usually the reaction girls give him, what's up with that?" he joked, though his eyes were full of wonder.

"He's such a prick, that's what!" He gave you a shocked look before agreeing enthusiastically.

"Finally! A girl who understands me~" he mockingly swoons, some slight truth behind his words. You did, after all, sit down and playfully banter with the male without even finding out his name first. Hold on...

"Wait, I didn't even get your name! You can swoon after that."

He managed to chuckle out, "Hanamaki Takahiro, but you can call me Makki. I'm in the volleyball club."

You nodded, "(L/N)(F/N), enchanted to meet you, cheese boy." You held a straight face for as long as you could, but you broke after seeing his widened eyes and open mouth. You laughed so suddenly you snorted.

.
.
.

After the whole cheese incident, you saw a lot more of Makki. The two of you would greet each other in the halls, meet up on the rooftop for lunches occasionally, and you would even stop in to say hey during some of his practices. One one particular day after stopping in to see him practice, he called you over on his water break.

"Hey (Y/N), I have someone who wants to meet you," he grinned and winked at you. Was this... it was.

"Oikawa, this is (Y/N)," he introduced you.

"Hiiii (Y/N)-chan!~"

"Nope."

Makki busted out laughing along with his other teammates, meanwhile Oikawa was pouting at the one (1) female that didn't give him attention.

"Oh, but Makki are a whole 2 pound block of cheese in front of me, I witnessed. So basically, he won the bet." Makki did a celebration dance. Oikawa grumbled something about him winning and walking away.

"So, you never did tell me what you'd get if you won the bet," you looked up at Makki.

"Hmmm, I'll only tell you over dinner, tomorrow night?" You realized he was asking you out on a date.

"Only if the dinner consists of cheese," you winked with a cheeky grin, earning a look of illness to flash across his face.

"You can order whatever you want, but I sure as hell won't be eating any dairy products in the near future." You both laughed, excitement blooming for your upcoming first date.

This is a real life story of how my friend met me, I brought a 2 pound block of cheese for lunch PFFFT

Sorry if this one kinda sucked, I'm in a phase of writers block and all I wanna do is read fanfics so I may disappear for a bit, but have no fear! My drafts are full of future one shots 🤩