Haiba Lev x Reader

As requested by @soft_tempeh
A Lev fluff! ❤️

You were known the school's "untouchable" second year. You turned down every confession you got, politely of course. But everyone loved you, your humor, modesty, and kind demeanor drew them all in. You were especially close with Kuroo and Kenma, hanging out with them and occasionally their teammates both in and out of school.

You decided to cheer them on in their match after school, you knew a few people on the other team you wanted to see anyways! Karasuno had just arrived and entered the gym.

"HINATA, NOYA!" you shouted, running to launch yourself on them. Nishinoya accepted you with wide arms and Hinata shakily opened his as well, a huge blush covering his face. You would've tackled them if it weren't for how firmly Noya had planted his feet. This made a small scene in the gym, not that you really noticed, but Kuroo approached Karasuno's captain.

"Sorry about the little kitten, she just gets excited like that sometimes but she's harmless," he scratches the back of his head and gestures to you.

"Oh no it's fine, I was more worried for her than anything." They could see Noya's devious face from over your shoulder and shuddered a bit.

"E-eh? (Y/N) w-who's the giant? He wasn't here last time!" You broke apart from the hug to see who Hinata was talking about.

"Oh, I'm Lev! I'm the ace!" he smiles wide.

Yaku comes over and angrily kicks him on the backside, "No you're not skyscraper, shut up!" You giggled at the exchange. You had never really gotten the chance to talk to Lev in depth, he was always being trained by someone on the side because he didn't have enough experience to play.

He looked down at you as you giggled at him, puffing out his chest slightly, "that didn't even hurt, Yaku!"

"Shut up showoff, we have warm ups to do or I would be ripping you a new one right now." Yaku was seething at this point so you believed every word he said.

"Sorry (Y/N)-chan, we have to go warm up too," Noya cried waterfalls as the thought of leaving you came up.

"It's okay, I'll be watching the whole time! Show me that rolling thunder move you've been telling me about!" With a ruffle of his and Hinata's hair you set off to the stands to get a good view of the match.

.
.
.

The battle between Nekoma and Karasuno quickly became one sided because of Nekoma's height advantage. No matter how unpolished, Lev was able to hold a huge presence in the match due to his intimidation factor alone. His spikes, when he hit them at least, were so powerful. He called his block "banzai blocks" but missed a lot of them anyways, the ball going straight through his arms. He was fun to watch, that's for sure.

When the match was over you rushed down to the court to greet all your friends again. Karasuno couldn't stay for long so you said your goodbyes and turned towards your school's club where Kenma was moving to approach you.

"(Y/N)! Did you see me play?" Lev excitedly rushed up to you, clearly cutting Kenma off.

"I did, you did great! Your spikes go swoosh bang pow like a whip!"

"(Y/N) don't give him a big head," Yaku groaned.

Lev ignored Yaku and kept talking to you, earning him another kick to his backside.

"Come on skyscraper, we gotta clean up. You can talk to your little crush later." Lev blushed brightly at this, meanwhile you only had a light dust of pink on your cheeks since you were used to Yaku and his way with words.

"I'll be here still when you're finished Lev, we can chat after you're all done," you smiled warmly at the tall first year.

.
.
.

"Don't even think about it Lev, apparently she's never accepted anyone's confession before," Inuoka whispered as he picked up the last volleyball, trying to save his friend from embarrassment. Obviously Lev still wasn't going to listen to the advice given to him by his teammate.

Lev jogged up to you, waving, "Hey (Y/N), can I walk you home? We can keep talking that way!"

Okay, so it wasn't an actual confession! Still, the whole team was waiting for you to decline his offer so they could laugh at his misfortune, some unable to even hide their growing smirks.

"Oh, sure! I have to stop at the convenience store on the way though, I hope you don't mind."

The team's jaws collectively hit the floor. The only one you had ever walked home with before were Kuroo and Kenma and that was because they were your closest friends!

"Okay sweet, bye guys I'll see you all later," Lev waved his hand at the team before leading you off.

"That bastard, we didn't even have our meeting yet," Yaku shook his head in disbelief.

.
.
.

Lev was quite the entertainer, doing impressions of his teammates and telling you all about what he's been working on in practices to become the ace of the team. You couldn't suppress your giggles when he impersonated Yaku by crouching down and angrily stomping around.

The two of you reached the convenience store, him holding the door open for you as you walked in. He picked out two ice creams as you grabbed the things you came for and checked out. When you exited he handed you one of the ice creams.

"Here, a sweet treat for a sweet girl."

"Ah, for me? That's generous but I couldn't take your ice cream!" You said this out of politeness, but secretly you really wanted that ice cream.

"Please! You accepting it will give me enough confidence to ask my next question." You took the ice cream and looked up at his pink face expectantly.

He paused for a few moments and took a deep breath, "Will you go on a date with me?"

"Sure!"

"Ah, it's oka-wait HUH? You said yes?" You giggled and nodded to confirm.

"Why does everyone say you're untouchable, like no one can have you?"

"Well, I only reject the people I wouldn't enjoy spending my time with," you winked, causing Lev to blush profusely before pumping his fist in the air in celebration.

"Can we go to the park? Oooh or wait, we could go to the zoo! And the movies! Or maybe a cool restaurant, or even a..." Lev's plans rang out in the night as you walked beside him, laughing at his cute little antics.

Your first date with him will definitely be an interesting one!