Hinata Shoyo x Reader

"Ne, ne (y/n)!" Hinata Shoyo, your neighbor and classmate called out to you as you shut your front door. "Good morning Hinata!" you happily smiled back at the literal ray of sunshine. He rode his bike and stopped in front of you, waiting for you to get on the back to ride to school together. This was your daily routine, and it had been for as long as you could remember. You'd known the boy your whole life, and the two of you had always been pretty inseparable. That was probably mostly due to how similar you were. You both loved volleyball, you both had a lot of energy and trust for others, you both had below average grades, liked the same music, had the same friends, and the list went on. You just got along! The only difference between you two, though, was a big one. He was a very short boy and you were a very tall girl. The difference seemed monstrous because of typical gender stereotypes being that the males are always taller and the females shorter. That never mattered to you guys though, and you only noticed it when people brought it up.

On this particular morning, Hinata was particularly energized and was pedaling the bike rougher than usual, causing you to bounce around uneasily. You tightened your hold on his school uniform and didn't say anything, knowing he was in a zone of concentration for some reason. You would just ask about it when you got to school.

Suddenly, though, the front wheel of the bike hit a rock in the road, causing Hinata to lose control. You both went flying forwards. You felt strong arms wrap around you midair and brace for a rough landing that never came. You opened your eyes to find you were on top of the orange haired boy who seemed to break your fall. "HINATA ARE YOU OKAY I'M SO SOR-" you yelled out, only to be interrupted by a soft peck on your lips. You look down in surprise to see a very red faced Hinata covering his mouth with his hand.

"S-sorry, I was too busy thinking about doing that and I lost control... Will you forgive me?"

You stood up and helped him up, brushing the dirt off of both of your uniforms. Before he could open up his mouth and apologize again, you leaned down and kissed him. Pulling back, you giggled and said, "I was wondering how we'd make that work with our height difference."

"(Y/nnnnn)," he whined, "I can do just as much as you can from down here!" Then he jumped up and kissed you one last time before smiling proudly at his work and pulling you back to his bike.

As you began the journey to school yet again, you held him closer than normal and leaned to his ear, whispering, "I love you, Shoyo."

"EH? NO FAIR I WANTED TO SAY THAT FIRST!" he screeched, his face as red as his hair.