Chapter 23

When Logan left for Italy it was the hardest two weeks of my life. Right before he left, my pregnancy hormones we're getting the best of me. At first Logan didn't know what to do to help me because I was crying about something every minute. When he went on his trip, he would FaceTime every night right before he went to bed just so we can catch up.

"I miss you. You need to come home" I said grabbing my glass of water before bed.

"I'll be home soon sweetheart. Only a few more days."

"You were supposed to be home 3 days ago and now your there for another week. That's too long for me right now. I need my emotional support buddy" I said with tears falling down my face.

"Honey you know I'm only a phone call away. Plus Spencer needed me here while he does his marathon. Let's get off the topic about me, okay? I want to know how my girls are doing" he said as he smiled.

Damn, that god damn smile knew how to fix everything. "It's been exhausting Lo. I can't sleep every night because of this watermelon attached to me. My back hurts. And I've been crying almost everyday. This pregnancy has been a bitch."

"Hey that's my daughter in there that your talking about. How is she doing anyway, is she kicking yet?"

"She's good. Dr. James said she's looks perfect and growing in there. She hasn't kicked yet. But the doctor said she'll start soon. Once she starts she probably won't stop."

Logan has been crazy about the baby's first kick. He didn't want to miss it for the world. He wanted to be the first person to feel our little creation move for the first time.

But little does he know she has been kicking me this whole time that he's been on his trip.

"Okay. I have to go babe . It's about 3 o'clock in the morning here. Call me tomorrow. Okay? I love you y/n."

"I love you too Lo. Be safe please."

"I'll try. Tell my daughter I love her and wait for me to get home before she starts to kick you" he laughed. And just like that he ended the FaceTime.

I smiled to my self a bit and looked down at my stomach. God have I gotten bigger these past 2 weeks.

"Hey baby girl. You heard your daddy. You need to give mamma a break and wait till he gets home and then you can kick me all you want," She gave me a very light kick and it all stopped. "Ti amo bella." (I love you beautiful).

...
The next few days were pretty quiet in the Maverick house. It was only Mike and I with the kong and rhea. But when I woke up something seemed different.

I heard barking from outside, which means someone let the dogs out. The smell of breakfast filled the whole house. Who's here?

"Hello?" I said through the household.

"Hey sis, morning. Want some breakfast" Mike asked whipping up eggs.

"Um yea sure" I said confused. Mike never acts like this. He's usually in bed until 12 in the afternoon. Nevermind at 9 making breakfast.

"You seem confused" Mike laughed.

"Really? I'm just a tad bit confused. You never let the dogs out" I said sitting down at the kitchen island.

"You thought it was Logan right."

"Just a little. He's the ones who usually lets them out every morning."

"That's because I did" a familiar voice said. I turned behind me and sat there in shock.

"Baby!" I said running to Logan.